Upgrade XP Home to XP Pro Can you, and How?

R Stalcup

May 7, 2002, 5:14:19 PM5/7/02
Is it possible to install XP pro over an XP Home install?
I.E. you buy a new preinstalled XP Home System,
can you upgrade it to XP Pro, what is needed, what are the
proceedures.

Doug Knox MS-MVP

May 7, 2002, 5:28:38 PM5/7/02
You need a retail version of XP Pro (Full or Upgrade). Run Setup from the CD and follow the prompts.

--
Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows XP/9x
Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes

Nick Payne

May 8, 2002, 9:31:27 PM5/8/02
Yes, I did this on a Sony notebook that came with XP Home installed.