Tray Application

RENEE

Jan 29, 2005, 7:33:02 PM1/29/05
Every time I boot up - I get the error message that:

Tray application has encountered a problem.

Anyone know what this is about?

Meena

Jan 29, 2005, 8:40:55 PM1/29/05
If tray application related message comes up during startup try clean
booting Windows XP:

How to perform a clean boot in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353

You may also like to check for altered system files:

1. Click Start, run, type "cmd" (with out quotation marks) and click OK.
2. In the dos window, type SFC /SCANNOW and hit enter.

When prompted for the Windows XP CD, provide the following path if you are
using a OEM version of XP:

C:\i386

--
HTH
Meena
"RENEE" <RE...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Wesley Vogel

Jan 30, 2005, 12:51:45 PM1/30/05
Tray application could be the System Tray (systray.exe). Or it could be any
application that has a tray icon.

Look in the Event Viewer for more information.

Event ID & the Event Source are very important.

To open the Event Viewer...
Start | Run | Type: eventvwr | OK

For any Events that seem related to the problem...

Double click the event in Event Viewer | Click: the button below the second
arrow (looks like two pages) [[Copies the details of the event to the
Clipboard.]] | Paste into Notepad | Click:

Read all info | Copy and paste to Notepad | Click the [+] Related Knowledge
Base articles | Follow any links that might be useful

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427

Or Tray application has encountered a problem could be related to spyware.

Scan your machine for spyware.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes