WinXP Prof system fonts changed to gobbeldygook Computer unusable

1 view

Harry's Piece of Mind

Jan 17, 2007, 10:43:01 AM1/17/07
Hello everyone!

After installing RegCure (a program designed to remove registry problems)
the System fonts in Windows XP Professional changed to Wingdings (possibly).
All text now comprises small squares and smileys. Although all click-on
options are shown, they are now incomprehensible.

The RegCure program has an option to install a Restore point. I did so but
now none of the restore points work. The computer in its present state is
unuseable.

Can you help please, I am desolate.

John John

Jan 17, 2007, 11:02:25 AM1/17/07
Now you know why those in the know frown on the use of these "Registry
Fixers"! All these snake oil programs say that you have registry
problems that they can fix yet seldom do users have registry problems...
until they blindly use these cleaners. See if the information here can
help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919752

For all it's worth the integrity of your Windows installation may have
been compromised beyond repair. It may be difficult to trust the
Windows installation as it is and at a later time problems may develop
because of the "fix" that the registry destroyer applied to your system.

John

Harry's Piece of Mind

Jan 17, 2007, 11:46:01 AM1/17/07

"John John" wrote:

> Hello John,

Thank you very much for your helpful advice so promptly given. I have
learnt a serious lesson, not to trust any internet software company without
good reason to do so.

Kind regards

Harry's Piece of mind