XP Pro Network overflow

1 view

Hugo Van der Schoepen

Jan 8, 2002, 6:11:03 PM1/8/02
I have installed a network with 5 XPPro machine's, configured them with
TCP/IP static adresses (router to internet is 10.0.0.1 and pc's are
10.0.0.5>...). All my PC's have one user account (admin) "Gebruiker" which
logs on automatically. On one PC I have placed a folder data and shared it
whithout any restrictions. When writing to it from more than one computer
or doïng some things at the same time in this folder the PC with the data
sharing and the writing PC are hanging in their application, although you
can still ping to the dataserver and connect to the internet. The installed
nic's are Accton's with signed drivers for XP, and I have also replaced the
switch whithout result. Please help.

Jim Worby

Jan 8, 2002, 11:25:29 PM1/8/02
>.

I would recommend that you change your Gateway IP address
to 192.168.0.1 and set up the others to obtain one
automatically. It works for me!