VPN is connected --> FTP won't work

Charles Blaquière

Mar 1, 2007, 12:55:48 PM3/1/07
Whenever I activate (my only defined) VPN connection, my FTP client can't
upload files. I assume this is because all Internet traffic goes through the
network on the other side of the VPN, and this causes some problem with FTP
authentication.

Is there a way for me to force a program (e.g. my FTP client) to use my
normal Internet connection, even when the VPN is connected?

Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Mar 1, 2007, 2:44:32 PM3/1/07
Yes, it sounds like routing issue. This search result may help,

routing issues on vpn
Case Study – peer to peer route via VPN connection ... Resolution: When establishing VPN to the office A, the routing table changes. To fix this issue, ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/routingissuesonvpn.htm

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE