Windows starts with Common Folder opening

Adrian

Apr 19, 2006, 3:34:02 PM4/19/06
When I start my windows XP in any of my users I get a folder that is blank
and says Common. Please help!

--
Thank you,
Adrian Ferrer

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Apr 20, 2006, 1:37:41 AM4/20/06
Adrian,

Download Startup Tracker application from this page:
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_starttrack.htm

Launch the program, and click the "View log" button. Post the contents of
the log file here.

Note: No need to post the following sections:

-- Running Processes --
-- Running Services --

--
Regards,

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

"Adrian" <ahfe...@cox.net> wrote in message

Adrian

Apr 20, 2006, 1:51:08 PM4/20/06
Here you go. Thanks, Adrian
4/20/2006 10:05:57 AM

-- Registry --
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

No Items Found

-- Registry --

SiS Tray
AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG.exe
StorageGuard "C:\Program Files\VERITAS Software\Update
Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
Microsoft Works Update DetectiC:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft
Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
DIGStream C:\Program Files\DIGStream\digstream.exe
ISUSPM Startup "C:\Program Files\Common
Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\isuspm.exe" -startup
ISUSScheduler "C:\Program Files\Common
Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP
Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
iTunesHelper "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
QuickTime Task "C:\Program
Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
AuthConsoleStart
Windows Defender "C:\Program Files\Windows
Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
PCPitStopEraser C:\Program
Files\PCPitstop\Erase\PCPitStopErase.exe /remindme
WUSB54Gv2 C:\Program Files\Linksys Wireless-G USB
Wireless Network Monitor\InvokeSvc3.exe
ezShieldProtector for Px C:\WINDOWS\system32\ezSP_Px.exe

-- Registry --
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

No Items Found

-- Registry --

MSMSGS "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe"
/background
Subliminal Power C:\Program Files\Subliminal
Power\Subliminal.exe /s

-- Registry --
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

SetDefaultMidi MIDIDEF.EXE

-- Registry --
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

No Items Found

-- Start Menu - Current User --
No Items Found

-- Start Menu - All Users --
Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk
HPAiODevice(hp officejet 7100 series) - 2.lnk
Kodak EasyShare software.lnk
Kodak software updater.lnk
Microsoft Broadband Networking.lnk
QuickBooks Update Agent.lnk
VAIO Action Setup (Server).lnk
WinZip Quick Pick.lnk

-- Disabled Items --
No Items Found

-- Registry - Shell Value - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon --
Explorer.exe
"Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ram...@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Apr 21, 2006, 1:05:26 AM4/21/06
Adrian,

There is an entry in the listing that is not enclosed within double-quotes.
You need to open Regedit.exe and navigate to the corresponding registry keys
and fix the Value data for the following entry:

- - -
Microsoft Works Update Detecti

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe

- - -

Use the following articles as examples:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/stfolder.htm
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/dellfolder.htm

[Backup your registry first]
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/registry.htm
http://www.winxptutor.com/createrp.htm

--
Regards,

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

"Adrian" <ahfe...@cox.net> wrote in message

Adrian

Apr 23, 2006, 11:42:02 PM4/23/06