Can't open administrative tools folder in XP Professional

Scott McDonald

Dec 24, 2002, 1:22:24 AM12/24/02
Did an install of XP Pro over an existing windows 98 os. Everything seemed
to go just fine except that I can't open up the administrative tools folder.
I cannot install any anti-virus software as well....it says that it can't
open up the administrative tools. Anyone every see this problem before. I
guess I'll just have to try a complete re-install.

Thanks
Scott

Kelly

Dec 24, 2002, 4:03:08 AM12/24/02
Hi Scott,

Automated Edit:

Error 1606 ... Access Network Location (Line 66)

Manual Edit:

Go to: Start/Run/Regedit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
\Explorer\Shell Folders

Ensure that the Common Admistrative Tools entry is correct.

It should read:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start
Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools

Err Msg: Error 1606 Could Not Access Network Location
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q315
352

--
All the Best,
Kelly

MS-MVP Win98/XP-Shell/User [AE-Windows® XP]
Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"Scott McDonald" <tis...@xmission.com> wrote in message