STOP 0x000000D1 - reproducable blue screen of death (wanarp.sys)

Marc Dombrowa

Mar 27, 2002, 6:28:47 PM3/27/02
Windows XP installation works with following problems:

1)
When being connected via DSL and using the AT&T Netclient to have a VPN
conenction to the
company after some hours XP crashes with the follwing information:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
STOP 0x000000D1 (0x0000001B, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x0F867ADE2)
wanarp.sys, address F867ADE2 base at F86760000, datestamp 3b7d84bb

I searched the knowledeg database which gives global answers to the STOP
0x000000D1
problem but the driver under C:\Windows\System32\drivers\wanarp.sys Version
5.1.2600.0
is not mentioned anywhere.

Running the same setup (RASPPOE for DSL, the AT&T Network Client on Win 2K
works w/o trouble)

2) The Dial Up Connection (DSL) seems to be dropped anytime the screen lock
is activated, wehn I log back on I see the DUN reconnecting, Where is the
setting to staying connected (I do only use the power options: Turn off
Monitor after 20 min, but no other suspend for CPU - only screen lock.

For any ideas thanks in advance

---
Thank you/Kind regards
Marc Dombrowa

Tom Helms

Mar 27, 2002, 11:58:57 PM3/27/02
MS Remote Access and Routing ARP Driver (wanarp.sys) is causing this problem
according to that stop code. Here's some from the Resource kit:

Stop 0x000000D1 or DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
The Stop 0xD1 message indicates that the system attempted to access pageable
memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. Drivers that have used
improper addresses typically cause this error.

Interpreting the Message
This Stop message has four parameters:

1.. Memory referenced.
2.. IRQL at time of reference.
3.. Type of access (0x00000000 = read operation, 0x00000001 = write
operation).
4.. Address that referenced memory.
Resolving the Problem
For additional troubleshooting suggestions that apply to all Stop errors,
see "Stop Message Checklist" later in this appendix.

a.. Stop 0xD1 messages can occur after installing faulty drivers or system
services. If a driver is listed by name, disable, remove, or roll back that
driver to confirm that this resolves the error. If so, contact the
manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially
important for backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners,
DVD playback, and CD mastering tools.

"Marc Dombrowa" <marb...@netzero.net> wrote in message