Blue screen stop code....

skew

Jul 30, 2005, 12:31:51 PM7/30/05
First, thanks in advance for help. My computer seems to work fine except
when I try to do a copy in Casper XP to backup my hard drive to external HD.
I also got this stop code last night when trying to do a disk check to
correct errors.

Stop 0X0000000A (0X00000188, 0X000000FF, 0X00000000, 0X804E35E9).

I have located online page for stop 0X0000000A codes which states could be
driver problem... that last one parimeter 4 -- 804E35E9 how/where would I
find out which/if this is associated to a particular driver so I can
possibly correct it? Thanks...

Maurice N ~ MVP

Jul 30, 2005, 1:36:28 PM7/30/05
STOP 0X0000000A IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

This can be any of hardware device error, software error, or general hardware error.

Also, if you have any 3rd-party CD software, CDR - CDRW writing software, make sure it is XP compatible. Make sure it has the latest patches & updates.

See tips on driver verifier below.

See Aumha.org's knowledge base on stop errors
http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

Look at 2nd link on left-frame for 0A

See also Kelly's site , in the "I" section --- under IRQL
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_i.htm

See MS document at Troubleshoot Windows XP Professional
http://www.microsoft.com/WINDOWSXP/pro/using/howto/gettingstarted/guide/troubleshoot.asp

See Microsoft's TechNet XP Troubleshooting reference
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/reskit/prpt_pt6_mwrv.asp

A useful set of tips from Joshua Smith at MSFT:

<begin quote>
To determine what driver is causing the problem I need you to enable driver verifier.
Steps:
1) Windows Key + R
2) Type in 'verifier' and hit enter
3) Make sure 'Create Standard Setting' is selected and hit next
4) Click on 'Select all drivers installed on this computer' and hit Finish
5) Reboot

There is a possibility that your computer will crash on reboot. If this
occurs hit F8 when rebooting just before the windows logo screen and select
the safe mode boot option. Follow the same steps above but on step 4 choose
'Select driver names from a list'; hit next; check the box next to any
driver where the provider is not Microsoft; hit Finish; reboot.

This will slow the performance of you computer a little while enabled but will hopefully catch the driver causing corruption. Next time you crash the blue screen will hopefully say something like
"DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOL­­ATION".

<snipped>

Joshua Smith
OpenGL Test Lab
Microsoft

</end quote>

HTH
--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

skew

Jul 30, 2005, 1:48:05 PM7/30/05
Thanks Maurice...will try all those in a few...

"Maurice N ~ MVP" <mau...@mvps.org> wrote in message
STOP 0X0000000A IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

"DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOL限ATION".

Maurice N ~ MVP

Jul 30, 2005, 2:11:29 PM7/30/05
STOP 0X0000000A IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

"DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOL­­ATION".

<snipped>

Joshua Smith
OpenGL Test Lab
Microsoft

</end quote>

HTH

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User
-----

skew

Jul 30, 2005, 2:25:50 PM7/30/05
one other thing it mentioned on my blue screen and not sure though if I'm
comfortable with....said:

if continues can disable bios cache & shadowing.....

would have no idea how to do that if I wanted to..thanks..

STOP 0X0000000A IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

"DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOL限ATION".

Maurice N ~ MVP

Jul 30, 2005, 2:29:46 PM7/30/05
If this is part of text displayed after the blue screen, disregard for the time being. At this time, there's no need to fool around with BIOS.

skew

Jul 30, 2005, 2:36:36 PM7/30/05
thanks...just thinking about changing something in there myself gets me
nervous lol..

"Maurice N ~ MVP" <mau...@mvps.org> wrote in message

skew

Jul 31, 2005, 5:59:40 AM7/31/05
Maurice,

Thanks for all your help. I think I fixed the problem by just deleting a
MMP8500 Memorex mp3 player driver I don't use anymore. I did the verifier
and it slowed computer down considerably --only problem I couldn't get
casper xp (my backup prog) to get a blue screen to check on verification.
Instead, it gave me another "general" error with several possibilities.
Anyway, after deleting that I ran Casper XP and got through without the blue
screen. I do recall now on that Memorex I had downloaded some firmware for
it and that might just be the problem....

Maurice N ~ MVP

Jul 31, 2005, 9:09:58 AM7/31/05
OK. Thanks for the update. Yes, driver verifier will indeed slow it down.

bean002

Mar 5, 2009, 2:57:15 PM3/5/09

Hi every body. I am in need of help big time. When I turn my laptop on i
get the windows xp screen then the blue screen that reads:

stop: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
the session manager initialization system process terminated
unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000022 (0x00000000 0x00000000).
the system has been shut down.

Can somebody please help me. Dont know alot about computers

--
bean002
bean002's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/bean002.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Gerry

Mar 5, 2009, 7:14:15 PM3/5/09
bean002

Are you able to access in Safe Mode? If yes you might try a Repair Install.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"bean002" <bean002...@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

Peter Foldes

Mar 5, 2009, 9:50:01 PM3/5/09
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316503&sd=RMVP
and
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318666&sd=RMVP
0xC000021A: STATUS_SYSTEM_PROCESS_TERMINATED
(Click to consult the online Win XP Resource Kit article, or see Windows 2000
Professional Resource Kit, p. 1561.)
This occurs when Windows switches into kernel mode and a user-mode subsystem, such
as Winlogon or the Client Server Runtime Subsystem (CSRSS), is compromised. Security
can no longer be guaranteed. Because Win XP can’t run without Winlogon or CSRSS,
this is one of the few situations where the failure of a user-mode service can cause
the system to stop responding. This Stop message also can occur as a result of
malware infestation or when the computer is restarted after a system administrator
has modified permissions so that the SYSTEM account no longer has adequate
permissions to access system files and folders.
a.. GoBack Causes a Stop Error C000021a {KB 316503} Win XP
b.. Internet Explorer Maintenance Policies May Cause an Access Violation in
Winlogon {KB 318666} Win XP Pro

--
Peter