Remote desktop not connecting

Ed Puariea

Oct 23, 2002, 12:13:30 PM10/23/02
I used to have a windows ME pc. I was able to connect to
my office via terminal service. The client then date
bombed. Instead of buying a client for Term serv. I
upgraded my pc to XP home. I'm now trying to connect to
our Term Serv and it gives me an error.

"Client could not establish a connection"
"Network error occurred while establishing the connection"

Jacob

Oct 25, 2002, 5:10:21 AM10/25/02
Hi Ed,

First, let's temporarily disable the firewalls (for example: ZoneAlarm, Norton, and so on.) If the problem persists, try the following method:

On the Terminal Services Server
-------------------------------

1. Start Registry Editor (Regedit.exe or Regedt32.exe).

2. Locate and then click the following key in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\TermService\Parameters

3. In this registry key, delete the following values:

Certificate
X 509 Certificate
X 509 Certificate ID

4. Quit Registry Editor, and then restart the server.

On the Windows XP-Based Client
------------------------------

1. Start Registry Editor (Regedit.exe).

2. Locate and then click the following key in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MSLicensing

3. Delete the whole MSLicensing key from the registry.

4. Quit Registry Editor.

5. Connect to the Terminal Services server.

Regards,

Jacob Fu

jac...@online.microsoft.com
Product Support Services
Microsoft Corporation

This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.
From: "Ed Puariea" <epua...@murnane.com>
Sender: "Ed Puariea" <epua...@murnane.com>
Subject: Remote desktop not connecting