Re: my folder options advanced settings are missing

Rick "Nutcase" Rogers

Dec 30, 2005, 5:13:21 PM12/30/05
Hi Kurt,

Try logging in as administrator in Safe mode.

How to start in Safe mode:
http://www.rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Safe%20mode

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Kurt Buehler" <KurtB...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently needed to reveal hidden files and folders on my computer. I
>Have
> Windows XP home edition SP2. In control panel>folder options, under the
> view
> tab, there are no advanced settings, they are completely missing. So, it
> is
> impossible for me to make hidden folders viewable. The advanced settings
> used to be there. Can anyone help me get them back?

PA Bear

Dec 30, 2005, 6:02:29 PM12/30/05
Restore Folder Options Under Tools (Line 129, Left)
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), Aumha.org VSOP, DTS-L.org

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Dec 30, 2005, 11:51:59 PM12/30/05
Kurt,

Type this in Start, Run:

regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

If that does not help, export this registry key from another Windows XP
system and then merge to the subject PC:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advan­ced\Folder

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/msg/979399ef9d875717

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User