Update thats knocking touchpads and keyboards out

Zelator

Feb 19, 2009, 9:56:01 AM2/19/09
Is Microsoft going to do anything about the updates thats knocking out
touchpads and keyboards due to the human interface touchscreen update that
people are trustingly installing from an update prompt ........The ideacom
update is wreaking havoc amongst windows users ...........even after a fresh
install my touchpad isnt being recognized after installing .It is definately
a software problem as the keyboard works in bios ......but it has taken me
two installs and a week just to get my keyboard working again
...............no life at all from the touchpad still .

This is questioning a real dilema of choosing a different os than the one
that is in total disregaurd for the people with limited funds to keep
uptodate with human interface technology .................but i doubt that
microsoft is interested in people with limited funds so i for one am going to
do some reserch for where do i go next ?

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Feb 19, 2009, 11:30:49 AM2/19/09
Why do you install such updates in the first place? Configure Automatic
Updates to the Notify Only setting and avoid approving the download, let
alone the install, of any Optional hardware and third-party updates. See
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306525.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

Zelator

Feb 20, 2009, 12:13:01 AM2/20/09
Listen sony jim when you are engrossed in something and MIcrosoft brings up
an update for your computer (not me going to the update site and thinking
i'll have that one ........MICROSOFT BROUGHT UP A POPUP ON MY PAGE ........i
done what lots and lots of other trusting fools done and said yes )
..........and thats because Microsoft steers people the way it wants them to
go ............and that is the human interface way ......so it can make our
pressent hardware obsolite .

Tipical saying why do you do these things ......BECAUSE MICROSOFT BROUGHT UP
A POPUP .......................my updates ARE configured right .

Zelator

Feb 20, 2009, 12:22:01 AM2/20/09
And also WHY is there no ability to uninstall this update ..........i'll tell
you why BECAUSE MICROSOFT ALWAYS WANT YOU MOVING FORWARD AND PURCHASING AND
BUYING AND PURCHASING ..................most of us dont use the tech in the
pressent capabilities and yet Ms keeps forcing more on us as our hardware is
MADE obsolete ....it doesnt become obsolete it is made incompatable
.............and i am desperate for a Zietgiest type system that doent run on
money like Microsoft systems .

Ray Luca

Feb 20, 2009, 12:55:03 AM2/20/09
Zelator <Zel...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>And also WHY is there no ability to uninstall this update

There is, but an idiot like you couldn't find it if it was stuck up
your ass and you had an extra pair of hands and a flashlight to help
you.

Paul

Feb 20, 2009, 1:11:09 AM2/20/09
Zelator wrote:
> And also WHY is there no ability to uninstall this update ..........i'll tell
> you why BECAUSE MICROSOFT ALWAYS WANT YOU MOVING FORWARD AND PURCHASING AND
> BUYING AND PURCHASING ..................most of us dont use the tech in the
> pressent capabilities and yet Ms keeps forcing more on us as our hardware is
> MADE obsolete ....it doesnt become obsolete it is made incompatable
> .............and i am desperate for a Zietgiest type system that doent run on
> money like Microsoft systems .

If you do a search on

removing ideacom update

it isn't that hard to find an answer.

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Beware-Ideacom-driver-update-t225190.html

As one of the participants on that forum noted

"NEVER, EVER, install any driver update offered through Windows Updates."

I saw that Ideacom update, but because I run Windows Update manually,
I didn't fall for that one :-) I've been offered some other hardware
updates that were just as suspicious. Since I know all my
hardware drivers are "just fine", there is no reason for me
to do those kind of updates. Now, if I'm offered a security
update, I do install all of those.

HTH,
Paul

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Feb 20, 2009, 12:36:20 PM2/20/09

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Feb 20, 2009, 12:38:39 PM2/20/09
If AU was configured to the Notify Only setting, you would have had to
approve the download and install of the driver update.

Tip: It is NOT a good idea to install any Optional third-party hardware or
software updates offered by Windows Update. Get any needed updates from the
manufacturer instead.

Frank-FL

Feb 21, 2009, 2:55:58 PM2/21/09

"Zelator" <Zel...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message

I download and install (not automatic) every update/patch
that windows update offers. No problems with my Toshiba
laptop or my desktops.
Why do some people always try to blame someone else for
their FUBAR behaviors.