Buh-bye, see ya!

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Sep 11, 2010, 4:07:14 PM9/11/10
After this newsgroup is dropped from the Microsoft newsservers (only) on 12
Sept-10, you will find continuing support in these WinXP-specific forums:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsxp

Please note that the Internet Explorer and Windows Update forums are *not*
WinXP-specific despite what you see on the WinXP forums home page. [What
were they thinking?] To expedite matters, always state you full Windows
version (e.g., WinXP SP3) and current IE version (e.g., IE6; IE7; IE8) when
posting in either of those forums.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Greg Russell

Sep 11, 2010, 10:53:55 PM9/11/10
In news:e8vEL7eU...@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl,
PA Bear [MS MVP] <PABe...@gmail.com> typed:

> After this newsgroup is dropped from the Microsoft newsservers ...

... it will continue to exist on *real* NNTP Usenet news servers such as
individual.net, etc.

Your absence there will be bery welcomed by all.

Peter Foldes

Sep 12, 2010, 12:20:36 AM9/12/10
Greg

Actually your absence there will be very welcomed by all at the MS Forums. I can
already see the mess that you and the others will create on those NNTP servers that
will carry this newsgroup

--
Peter
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Greg Russell" <grus...@example.con> wrote in message

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Sep 12, 2010, 1:32:05 AM9/12/10
+1

Peter Foldes wrote:
> Greg
>
> Actually your absence there will be very welcomed by all at the MS Forums.
> I can already see the mess that you and the others will create on those
> NNTP servers that will carry this newsgroup

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Sep 12, 2010, 1:34:39 AM9/12/10
Greg Russell wrote:
> In news:e8vEL7eU...@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl,
> PA Bear [MS MVP] <PABe...@gmail.com> typed:
>
>> After this newsgroup is dropped from the Microsoft newsservers ...
>
> ... it will continue to exist on *real* NNTP Usenet news servers such as
> individual.net, etc.

Why did you snip the rest of my sentence where I said pretty much the same
thing? Typical.

> Your absence there will be bery welcomed by all.

Ur spiel chukkers broke

Barry Schwarz

Sep 12, 2010, 3:06:21 PM9/12/10
On Sun, 12 Sep 2010 01:34:39 -0400, "PA Bear [MS MVP]"
<PABe...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Greg Russell wrote:
>> In news:e8vEL7eU...@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl,
>> PA Bear [MS MVP] <PABe...@gmail.com> typed:
>>
>>> After this newsgroup is dropped from the Microsoft newsservers ...
>>
>> ... it will continue to exist on *real* NNTP Usenet news servers such as
>> individual.net, etc.
>
>Why did you snip the rest of my sentence where I said pretty much the same
>thing? Typical.

You may have meant to but your statement "After this newsgroup is

dropped from the Microsoft newsservers (only) on 12
Sept-10, you will find continuing support in these WinXP-specific
forums:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsxp"

says nothing about Usenet. Your message addressed only the forums.

--
Remove del for email

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Sep 12, 2010, 5:13:07 PM9/12/10
"...dropped from the Microsoft newsservers (only)" = may be available on
other newsservers

FYI, MS is pulling the plug on or after 17:00 PDT (UTC -7) today.

Greg Russell

Sep 13, 2010, 2:13:26 AM9/13/10
In news:u#wsBDsUL...@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl,

PA Bear [MS MVP] <PABe...@gmail.com> typed:

> FYI, MS is pulling the plug on or after 17:00 PDT (UTC -7) today.

Got some news for ya, Jerky Boy ... M$ doesn't control the plug on Usenet
newsgroups.

Sunny

Sep 13, 2010, 3:03:58 AM9/13/10

"Greg Russell" <grus...@example.con> wrote in message

Well my use of the Microsoft server has now ended (The last NG that I was
accessing through it, this one, has now been axed), so I have deleted the
Microsoft server from my NG reader.
Had a long browse through their Web "Forum" and it is just as porked as
their original one.