Print directory structure

Tiger

Jun 21, 2004, 9:02:54 PM6/21/04
I am looking for a utility for Windows XP that can also print the extra
columns such as 'Duration' for mpeg videos or 'Date Taken' for digital
photos etc. but can't find a tool that can do that, they only seem to print
the basic directory info. Is there any tool that can do this?

TIA

David Candy

Jun 21, 2004, 10:18:03 PM6/21/04
Create a text document and paste below lines in. Rename it something.vbs. Use it by dropping a folder on the file. You'll need to edit the path (4th line) as you are unlikely to have a user with my name. Because I do not know how many columns you have installed I queried for the first 51 properties (which should be ample). Import into Excel to use or print and delete the empty columns at the end and most files have less than 10 properties.

Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
Set Ag=Wscript.Arguments

'Set Fldr=objShell.NameSpace("c:\documents and settings\David Candy\my documents")
Set Fldr=objShell.NameSpace(Ag(0))

Set FldrItems=Fldr.Items

'FName=fso.GetTempName
FName="c:\documents and settings\David Candy\Desktop\Folder Property List.txt"
'fso.CreateTextFile FName
'Set f = fso.GetFile(FName)
Set ts = fso.OpenTextFile(FName, 2, vbtrue)

For x = 0 to 50
t1 = t1 & Fldr.GetDetailsOf(vbnull, x) & vbtab
Next
ts.write FLDR.self.path &vbcrlf
ts.Write T1 & vbcrlf
T1=""

For Each FldrItem in FldrItems
For x = 0 to 50
t1 = t1 & Fldr.GetDetailsOf(FldrItem, x) & vbtab
Next
t1=t1 & vbcrlf
ts.Write T1
T1=""
Next

msgbox FName & "has a tab delimited list of all properties"

http://www.counterpunch.org/bageant06132004.html

Tiger

Jun 21, 2004, 10:44:37 PM6/21/04
Thanks a lot David, works like a charm!

"David Candy" <da...@mvps.org> wrote in message

Kelly

Jun 22, 2004, 4:24:47 AM6/22/04
You are good, David! <w>

--
All the Best,
Kelly

Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

David Candy

Jun 22, 2004, 4:59:51 AM6/22/04
It can also go into sendto.

Also changing one character

Set ts = fso.OpenTextFile(FName, 2, vbtrue)

Set ts = fso.OpenTextFile(FName, 8, vbtrue)

allows appending so then this will work to

for /r "c:\program files\adobe" %A in (.) do start /w "" "C:\Documents and Settings\David Candy\Desktop\PrintDetails.vbs" "%A"

This walks the tree starting at c:\program files\adobe in the example. One may wish to add 50 tabs to the end of the folder name but excel handles it without the tabs (didn't try access, word will not handle it).

ts.write FLDR.self.path & vbtab & vbtab & (do it 50 times) & vbcrlf