Temp. Internet File folder pop-up

Installer

Aug 18, 2006, 2:21:02 PM8/18/06
Hello , [XPHome,SP2,NIS,]
I have always put a copie of "Temporary Internet Files" folder to the
desktop . Never had any issues . Now when the shortcut is clicked, an
Internet Explorer pop-up appears with the yellow padlock icon in it and also
reads :This page has an unspecified potential security flaw. Would you like
to cintinue ?" Yes / No buttons . Selecting Yes will quickly open the folder
normaly and can delete the contents successfuly. I haven't changed -or- added
programs . Ran all scans in safe mode , Defragmented, Disc Clean-up
performed, no help. I deleted the shortcut and replaced, no help . Can it be
helped ? Thank You --
KD

Mary

Aug 18, 2006, 3:44:02 PM8/18/06
You cannot put the folder on your desktop. You have to move the folder by
using the Internet Options, General Tab, Settings button. Just put a shortcut
to the folder on the desktop, not the actual folder.

Wesley Vogel

Aug 18, 2006, 3:56:11 PM8/18/06
He has a Shortcut, not the folder.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:E410F52B-1EB2-4AAB...@microsoft.com,
Mary <Ma...@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

Wesley Vogel

Aug 18, 2006, 3:57:01 PM8/18/06
This page contains an unspecified potential security flaw.
Would you like to continue?

Message when accessing the Content.IE5 folder.

This is caused by a recent Windows Update.

This is the one.

MS06-045: Vulnerability in Windows Explorer could allow remote code
execution
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921398

Microsoft Security Bulletin MS06-045
Vulnerability in Windows Explorer Could Allow Remote Code Execution (921398)
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms06-045.mspx

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:74E5F603-BD91-4BC9...@microsoft.com,
Installer <lost_in_70s_tunes> hunted and pecked:

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Aug 19, 2006, 1:06:36 AM8/19/06
Did not notice that. Thanks for the update, Wes.

--
Regards,

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

"Wesley Vogel" <123WVo...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Installer

Aug 19, 2006, 1:19:02 PM8/19/06
Hello ,
Thank You Wesley Volgel , I now know the why . And the new way to open
this folder from the shortcut is not such a concern anymore .
Thanks again everyone .

KD

Wesley Vogel

Aug 19, 2006, 3:14:44 PM8/19/06
Hi Ramesh,

First thing that I noticed after the Windows Updates this month.

I have shortcuts to
C:\DOCUME~1\WESLEY~1.VOG\LOCALS~1\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5
and
C:\WINDOWS\TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES\Content.IE5
that I use all of the time.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes