Can’t save midi music playback.

ken

May 9, 2007, 9:36:02 AM5/9/07
Can’t save midi music playback. I have lost sound from web pages etc.
So I checked the: Realtek AC'97 Audio reinstalled then not warning from
the devise manager.
On the sounds and audio devices
I clicked on the audio tab to find the Midi Music play back was left blank.
I moved to the Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth clicked to apply.
When I went back to check the Midi Music playback was empet again, the voice
tab voice playback was the same, except it was Realtek AC’97. Anyone have any
ideas

--
thank you for any help you can give.

SingaporeWebDesign

May 9, 2007, 11:59:23 AM5/9/07
Hello,

Try installing the latest driver from here
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dlac97-2.aspx
(first row, any of the last 3 links)

--
Singapore Website Design
http://www.bootstrike.com/Webdesign/

"ken" <k...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

ken

May 9, 2007, 5:15:01 PM5/9/07
Sorry I have tried that. and uninstaling the old ones then reinstalling
them.
Once the Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth is selected . click on apply ,
it has moved back to being blank.

--
thank you for any help you can give.

SingaporeWebDesign

May 10, 2007, 8:49:07 AM5/10/07
Hello,

Ok, but when you mean reinstall, did you use the latest drivers on the site
to do so?

If yes, sorry that's all I can help.

--
Singapore Website Design
http://www.bootstrike.com/Webdesign/
Singapore Web Hosting
http://www.bootstrike.com/WinXP/faq.html
Windows XP FAQ

"ken" <k...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

ken

May 10, 2007, 9:17:01 AM5/10/07
Yes I did. But thank you anyway.

ken

May 11, 2007, 11:37:01 AM5/11/07
I found a remady for it. Hope this might help any one else.
Run regedit
navigate to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32
There should be a string value there named 'wavemapper'. This was
missing on my machine.
I simply created this string - create a new string value with name
'wavemapper' and data as 'msacm32.drv'.
After doing this the playback device selection persists when it is
changed. I was also missing the 'midimapper' value. The data for this
key should be 'midimap.dll'.

--
thank you for any help you can give.

SingaporeWebDesign

May 11, 2007, 1:45:34 PM5/11/07
Hello,

Great - thank you for letting us know the working resolution.