Re: javaservice.exe application error

DandyDon

Dec 1, 2006, 1:14:39 AM12/1/06
Three steps to try.
1. Run Windows Update in Express mode and see if there is a patch for MS
java script.
2. Download Sun's Java code and run it instead of MS. Download at
www.java.com Its compatible with Windows and much better than MS.
3. Ditch IE 7.0, uninstall via Add/Remove Programs, complain to MS.

"frankl2" <fra...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> application error at shutdown
> memory could not be written
> xp pro will shutdown but not with out error
> started sometime after upgrade to IE7
> appears to be giving me problems on a javascript web site that i use every
> day
> for my work. I cannot browse to the site. It hangs before opening in a
> rapid
> and continual attempt to open. If my sound is on it sounds like a machine
> gun
> in agame.
>
> I need help to fix it. Many thanks.
> Fra...@weeksbay.com

frankl2

Dec 1, 2006, 11:50:01 AM12/1/06
Thanks Don,
I am on step 2 now, may just need to proceed to 3

DandyDon

Dec 1, 2006, 6:38:34 PM12/1/06
Check IE7 settings. At Desktop right click IE icon, click
Properties-Advanced. Make sure Microsoft Java Virtual Machine is checked.
Reboot. I belive there's a patch for it. Check Windows Update.

> andrew
> opened cmd, apparently not running mjvm
> now what? thanks
>
> "Andrew E." wrote:
>
>> Javascript isnt the same as sunjava......If youre running microsofts
>> MJVM
>> open cmd,type:jview If data comes up youre running MJVM if not,its not
>> installed.If yes,open update catalog,windows server 2003,web edition,the
>> update
>> is the 1st listed,its for xp..

Rock

Dec 1, 2006, 8:07:03 PM12/1/06
"frankl2" wrote

> application error at shutdown
> memory could not be written
> xp pro will shutdown but not with out error
> started sometime after upgrade to IE7
> appears to be giving me problems on a javascript web site that i use every
> day
> for my work. I cannot browse to the site. It hangs before opening in a
> rapid
> and continual attempt to open. If my sound is on it sounds like a machine
> gun
> in agame.

Since this happened as a result of installing IE7 you might want to post to
the newsgroup for it. First check the messages for any possible solutions.

Newsreader:

On the Web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

Sandykins

Apr 17, 2007, 10:50:12 AM4/17/07
I've been having a problem with this, as well. It turned out to be a service
that a program I installed used. It was a network monitor for a Konica
Minolta printer. I found it by searching for JavaService.exe on the C: drive.
I stopped the service, then uninstalled the program altogether, as I wasn't
using it.

Sandy