Start Navigation Sound Disabled

mal7798

Aug 16, 2006, 11:37:50 PM8/16/06
Whenever I reboot, the sound that I have set for "Start Navigation" is
cleared. No other sound is so affected, and I cannot get the sound for
this event to stay no matter how many times I reset it. Does anyone
have any ideas what may be causing this?

Jon

Aug 17, 2006, 12:30:54 AM8/17/06
Remember to save your new sound scheme, by clicking the "save as" button,
and specifying a name.

--
Jon

If you would be well served, serve yourself

I have it on good authority that "mal7798" <mal...@yahoo.com> said in

mal7798

Aug 18, 2006, 9:29:58 PM8/18/06

Jon wrote:
> Remember to save your new sound scheme, by clicking the "save as" button,
> and specifying a name.
>
> --
> Jon

Actually, I have done that, and it always clears every time. I even
changed it using REGEDIT, and the sound clears each time I boot. It is
ONLY with that event's sound, and ALWAYS with that event's sound.

mal7798

Aug 27, 2006, 8:16:35 PM8/27/06

It's weird form to reply to my own post, I know, but I seem to have
resolved this problem. I removed "PrismXL" (some sort of mass software
installation program used by Emachines) and "Weather Channel Desktop",
and the problem seems to be solved.