User Name aftert Standby

Otto Moehrbach

Jul 13, 2006, 8:01:45 PM7/13/06
I just reformatted and reinstalled everything.
On boot-up there is no user query. It just boots.
But when I wake it up after Standby, the screen with all the user accounts
comes up and asks me to choose one. Only one account is shown, mine.
This is a stand alone home computer and I am the only user.
When I do Start - Control Panel - User Accounts, it shows a guest account
and its Off. It also shows me as the "Computer Administrator". No other
user accounts are shown.
What must I do to prevent the "Select User" screen from displaying after
Standby? Thanks for your help. Otto

Nepatsfan

Jul 13, 2006, 11:56:00 PM7/13/06
%23iwzyit...@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl,

Go to Control Panel and double click Display.
In Display Properties, click on the Screen Saver tab.
Remove the check mark from the box next to "On resume, password
protect".
Click OK.
Back in Control Panel, double click Power Options.
In Power Options Properties, click on the Advanced tab.
Remove the check mark from the box next to "Prompt for password
when computer resumes from standby".
Click OK.

Good luck

Nepatsfan