IE 8 - GUKCOM RUBBISH!

Andrew

Dec 2, 2009, 5:27:01 AM12/2/09
I THOUGHT I WOULD GIVE IE8 A TRY. WHEN IE7 CAME ALONG, I TRIED IT, DIDN'T
GET ON WITH THE SECURITY AND USED THE BRILLIANT SYSTEM RESTORE TO TAKE ME TO
MY OLD FAITHFUL IE6. THIS TIME HOWEVER, SYSTEM RESTORE FAILED ME AND I'M
STUCK WITH IE8 AND SOMETHING CALLED GUKCOM! WHEN I GOOGLED FOR GUKCOM, IT
RETURNED WITH 'DO YOU MEAN KLUGMAN?' OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. I KNOW NOW SOME
WEB PAGES WON'T DISPLAY BECAUSE MY MEDIUM HIGH COOKIE SETTING IS SUDDENLY TOO
HIGH! SIGNING IN TO PUT THIS QUESTION, I WAS TOLD I COULDN'T DISPLAY THIS AGE
- THEN SUDDENLY IT APPEARED! WHAT UTTER RUBBISH IT IS. TALK ABOUT SLOW, WHAT
HAS HAPPENED TO THE MENUES WHEN ONE TYPED AN 'E' FOR INSTANCE, LOADS OF
THINGS BEGINING WERE THERE FOR ONE TO PICK AND CHOOSE - ALL GONE ON MY
VERSION. ANYONE KNOW HOW I CAN GET RID OF GLUK THICK GOOGLE ITS USELESS. I'D
DOWNLOAD IE6 BUT ITS AT SERVICE PACK 1 AND MY PC IS NOW UPDATED TO SP3. WHAT
I CAN'T UNDERSTAND IS WHY MY SYSTEM DID NOT DO ITS JOB? WHEN EVER THERE IS
ANY SORT FREEZE-UP OR WHATEVER I ALWAYS SWITCH SYSTEM RESTORE OFF FOR A
MINUTE AND THEN ON AGAIN WHICH WIPES ALL RESTORE POINTS AND MAKES A NEW ONE,
THIS HAS WORKED FAULTLESSLEY FOR YEARS. YOU KNOW I CAN'T HELP THINKING IE8
SOMEHOW MADE SURE IT STAYED ON MY PC! - THANKS FOR READING MY ABOUT MY
PROBLEM - ANDREW

David H. Lipman

Dec 2, 2009, 6:28:52 AM12/2/09
From: "Andrew" <And...@discussions.microsoft.com>

| I THOUGHT I WOULD GIVE IE8 A TRY. WHEN IE7 CAME ALONG, I TRIED IT, DIDN'T

< snip >

Please do not post in all caps. It is hard to read and in a news group it is akin to
shouting.

--
Dave

John John - MVP

Dec 2, 2009, 8:58:57 AM12/2/09

WOW! That is hard to read, I think I need a double vision
prescription... or you need to turn off your Caps Lock!

Mark Adams

Dec 2, 2009, 9:41:01 AM12/2/09

"Andrew" wrote:

Sounds like you are loaded with malware. What you need to do is stop using
Limewire to download all the crapware that you surround yourself with, and
reformat the drive and reinstall Windows. Update the OS to SP3 and then
install IE8 BEFORE you load your crapware back on. Oh, yes. Make an image of
your clean install to an external drive before you put that crap back on.
That way you can restore your machine easily the next time you kill it, and
we won't have to listen to you shout about it.

Roy Smith

Dec 2, 2009, 1:23:12 PM12/2/09
On 12/2/2009 4:27 AM, Andrew wrote:
> I THOUGHT I WOULD GIVE IE8 A TRY. WHEN IE7 CAME ALONG, I TRIED IT, DIDN'T

What's the best way to get your post ignored? Posting in all caps!

--

Roy Smith
Windows XP Pro SP3

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Dec 2, 2009, 1:33:01 PM12/2/09
WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING?

Why are you blaming IE8 and System Restore for your HIJACKWARE PROBLEMS?

PS: Never, EVER use System Restore to "undo" an update, Service Pack, or IE
upgrade! Intead, uninstall the update, Service Pack, or IE upgrade &
reboot. If that doesn't correct the problem, then try System Restore.
--
IE-specific newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
www.banthecheck.com

smlunatick

Dec 2, 2009, 2:07:26 PM12/2/09
On Dec 2, 2:41 pm, Mark Adams <MarkAd...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

Yeah! One control and "locks" the Caps Lock key to ON, for posting to
newsgroups.

Paul Randall

Dec 2, 2009, 7:41:52 PM12/2/09
Why do you think m$ licenses are written in all caps? It isn't for the
benefit of the reader.

-Paul Randall

"John John - MVP" <aude...@nbnot.nb.ca> wrote in message

Bob I

Dec 3, 2009, 8:57:42 AM12/3/09
You may wish to actually read the license you agreed to. ;-)