start menu too large to see on screen

Chris

Dec 30, 2002, 3:21:48 PM12/30/02
Hell all just a general ? for you. My start menu in xp
format is too large to see all of my programs and i have
tried to switch the size of the icons and that still
doesnt help if there is another way to shrink the menu
down so that i can see all of it. any sugentions will be
greatly appreciated thanks Chris

purplehaz03

Dec 30, 2002, 3:26:53 PM12/30/02
In windows explorer: tools, folder options, view tab, uncheck: scroll programs.

--
-- purplehaz03 --

"Chris" <crazy_...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:06b601c2b041$1469b530$8ef82ecf@TK2MSFTNGXA04...
: Hell all just a general ? for you. My start menu in xp

simon

Dec 30, 2002, 4:06:49 PM12/30/02
Besides unchecking "Scroll the program menu", you can also
right-click on the Task Bar to Toolbars and uncheck "Quick
Launch" to increase the space.

If you want to keep the Quick Launch icons, you can use
your mouse to raise the Task Bar to 2 levels (you have to
unlock your Task Bar in order to do that). In that way,
you can move the Quick Launch icons to the bottom level
and leave the top level for "running" programs.

>.

Loci

Dec 30, 2002, 4:29:28 PM12/30/02
Have you tried personalised menus?

Taken from XP help

==>

Using Personalized Menus with the Classic Start menu

Personalized Menus simplifies the Programs menu by hiding items you haven't
used recently, while keeping all of your programs easily accessible.

You can still gain access to hidden programs by clicking Start, pointing to
Programs, and then clicking the down arrow at the bottom of the menu.

To turn on Personalized Menus

1 Right-click the Start button, and then click Properties.
2 On the Start Menu tab, click Classic Start menu, and then click
Customize.
3 Under Advanced Start menu options, select the Use personalized menus
check box.

<==

Regards

Loci