Disk type: Basic -> Removable

Gef

Oct 30, 2006, 11:39:45 AM10/30/06
I have a USB flash device that reports as being a disk type of basic
instead of removable. Is there a way to set the removable media bit?

Thanks.

Uwe Sieber

Oct 30, 2006, 12:23:50 PM10/30/06
Gef wrote:
> I have a USB flash device that reports as being a disk type of basic
> instead of removable. Is there a way to set the removable media bit?

No, there is no simple way because it is burned into the hardware.

I'm interested in the exact type of this flash drive. Can you
give me a link to a product page?

Greetings from Germany

Uwe