Treble, bass controls greyed out

Neil UK

Apr 14, 2005, 11:49:04 AM4/14/05
Hi Everyone

I am running XP Home on one of my two laptops. The other runs XP Pro. On the
other one, the sound volume controls allow advanced settings, which means
effectively that I can raise and lower the bass and treble sound controls.
However, on the XP Home version, these advanced controls are greyed out.

Is there some setting or download that would change this so that I can use
the treble and bass levels? I would be most grateful if someone can advise me
on this one.
--
Neil UK

R. McCarty

Apr 14, 2005, 11:53:39 AM4/14/05
Many times those Advanced or colorization features are handled by
the control software of the vendor's driver package. I would check
the vendor web site and get the latest driver package for your sound
card/device.

"Neil UK" <Nei...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Steve N.

Apr 14, 2005, 12:15:46 PM4/14/05

They are greyed out because the soundchip does not support it. On the
off chance that it may be a driver issue you could look for an updated
driver from the manufacturer, but my bet is that it won't make any
difference.

Steve

Neil UK

Apr 14, 2005, 12:29:11 PM4/14/05
I will try it and let you know how well it works. Thank you for your interest.

Neil UK

Apr 14, 2005, 12:31:07 PM4/14/05
Pessimistic, but I am grateful for your response. I will check on the driver
issue.

Steve N.

Apr 14, 2005, 1:33:24 PM4/14/05
Neil UK wrote:

> Pessimistic, but I am grateful for your response. I will check on the driver
> issue.

The fact that it shows at all in the mixer indicates that the software
supports it, the fact that is is greyed out indicates that the hardware
does not.

Steve