Error message when trying to install MS Clean-up utility

234 vues

Stephan

non lue,
21 oct. 2006, 23:01:0121/10/2006
When trying to install the MS Clean-up utility as described in Article ID :
290301

I receive the following message (below) . Anyone has an idea on how to fix
this problem?

Stef ; )

Windows Script Host

Script: C:\DCOUME 1\Stef\Locals 1\Temp\IXP0000.TMP\StartMsi.vbs
Line: 1
Char: 1
Error: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed
Code: 8007045A
Source: (null)

--
Stef ; )

Ramesh, MS-MVP

non lue,
22 oct. 2006, 10:34:3122/10/2006
Hi Stef,

Click Start, Run and type:

%temp%\IXP0000.TMP\

If the file StartMsi.vbs is present, open it using Notepad. Copy the
contents and include them in your reply.

--
Regards,

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

"Stephan" <Ste...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Stephan

non lue,
23 oct. 2006, 06:58:0223/10/2006
Great idea Ramesh .... didn't know I could do this ... below is the content
of StartMSI.vbs:

So I guess that it start bugging at line one which is calling for

"Scripting.FileSystemObject"

I will look on my side ... would appreciate any help to find the good dll
missing/defect.

Regards

Stef ; )

Set fso=CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
bRemoveMSECACHE = False

sProgramFiles = WshShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings("%ProgramFiles%")
If sProgramFiles = "%ProgramFiles%" Then sProgramFiles =
WshShell.RegRead("HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ProgramFilesDir")

sMSECACHEPath = sProgramFiles & "\MSECACHE"
If Not fso.FolderExists(sMSECACHEPath) Then
fso.CreateFolder(sMSECACHEPath)
bRemoveMSECACHE = True
End If

sTargetPath = sMSECACHEPath & "\WICU3"
If Not fso.FolderExists(sTargetPath) Then fso.CreateFolder(sTargetPath)

fso.CopyFile fso.GetParentFolderName(WScript.ScriptFullName) & "\M*.*",
sTargetPath
fso.CopyFile fso.GetParentFolderName(WScript.ScriptFullName) & "\r*.*",
sTargetPath

sCmd = "msiexec.exe /i """ & sTargetPath & "\msicuu.msi"""
iRC = WshShell.Run(sCmd, 4, True)

If iRC <> 0 And iRC <> 3010 Then
fso.DeleteFolder sTargetPath, True
If bRemoveMSECACHE Then fso.DeleteFolder sMSECACHEPath, True
End If

--
Stef ; )

Stephan

non lue,
23 oct. 2006, 08:55:3123/10/2006
Ramesh,

Scrrun.dll was the answer!

My problem is now resolved and MS Clean-up utility works as it should.

Tks very much for your help

Stef ; )
--
Stef ; )

Ramesh, MS-MVP

non lue,
23 oct. 2006, 08:59:1023/10/2006
Stephan,

Click Start, Run and type:

regsvr32 scrrun.dll

Press Enter.

Try installing the utility now. If the problem persists, see if reinstalling
Windows Script 5.6 helps.

Windows Script 5.6 for Windows XP and Windows 2000:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=C717D943-7E4B-4622-86EB-95A22B832CAA

--
Regards,

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

"Stephan" <Ste...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Ramesh, MS-MVP

non lue,
23 oct. 2006, 09:02:1123/10/2006
Nice! Glad the problem is fixed, Stephan.
--
Regards,

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

"Stephan" <Ste...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0 nouveau message