Windows XP Home Ed. upgrade report - microsoft shared fax client blocking issue

1 view

Hawk

Dec 22, 2003, 9:31:18 AM12/22/03
I am trying to install MS XP home from Windows 98, and I am receiving a blocking issue on Microsoft Shared Fax Client. The instructions state to go remove the program from the control panel under Add/Remove Programs, but the program is not listed. I have searched for *.exe with MS, FAX, FX, ..., and I haven't even found a program with this as the description. I have searched the MS web site, and found no references to this program as a MS product. How do I remove this as a blocking issue to continue my install of XP home?

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Dec 22, 2003, 10:09:57 AM12/22/03
Open up My Computer.
Go to Tools, Folder Options.
Put a check in "Show hidden files and folders".
Click on Start, then Run.
Type in: CMD.
Type in: cd\ , then hit enter
Type in: dir fxsclnt.exe /s
Remember what directory you found the file in.
Type in Exit.
Double click on My Computer.
Right-click on the C: drive and click on Explorer.
Find the directory that housed the fxsclnt.exe.
Delete the file and restart.

Now, you should be able to upgrade to Windows XP.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Hawk" <anon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message: