Get disk space back after updates?

Laurel

Sep 10, 2009, 5:35:05 AM9/10/09
Is there an article somewhere that tells how to reclaim disk space after
Windows updates? Service Pack 3 created what looks like two identical,
huge, folders.... Windows\ServicePackFiles\i386 and
Windows\DriverCache\i386. Are both needed? This is just an example.

I know the problems about the Uninstall folders, but what about putting them
on CD so they can be restored if an uninstall is needed? Or at least the
really big ones.

TIA
LAS

Laurel

Sep 10, 2009, 5:53:32 AM9/10/09

"Laurel" <Fake...@Hotmail.com> wrote in message

Laurel

Sep 10, 2009, 5:56:49 AM9/10/09
Oops - that example about the i386 files was a mistake. But the general
question remains.

Laurel

Sep 10, 2009, 8:55:46 AM9/10/09
Please don't respond to this. I'm going to re-post. Somehow this got an
extra copy of my post, and then there's a mistake in it.

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Sep 10, 2009, 6:20:07 PM9/10/09
If you've not yet installed SP2, see
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_hotfix_backup.htm