How to disconnect internet connection using batch file?

Eric

Mar 21, 2010, 12:49:01 PM3/21/10
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to write a batch file to disconnect
the internet connection? I am using boardband modem.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

Pegasus [MVP]

Mar 21, 2010, 1:02:18 PM3/21/10

"Eric" <Er...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

You can use devcon.exe
(http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/1/f/11f7dd10-272d-4cd2-896f-9ce67f3e0240/devcon.exe)
to disable or enable your network adapter. You'll have to put a certain
amount of work into automating the process, same as for the other
suggestions you received in your parallel posts.

Eric

Mar 22, 2010, 1:28:01 AM3/22/10
Thank you very much for suggestions
When I am online, there is a monitor's icon to show online status, when I
disconnect the internet connection, I just right click this icon and select
disconnect, and this is what I want to do to disconnect the boardband
connection.
Can devcon.exe perform this trick by using Excel's macro - VBA to activate
it? which should not involve any IP or modem hardware setting at all?
Do you have any suggestions?

"Pegasus [MVP]" wrote:

> .

Pegasus [MVP]

Mar 22, 2010, 2:08:47 AM3/22/10
You need to ask an Excel newsgroup whether a VBA script can invoke an .exe
file.