Java/ByteVerify removal

1 view

star

Mar 26, 2008, 12:24:00 AM3/26/08
Hi my name is STAR

I dont know where I caught a virus from but I have the AVG protection on my
computer. But I need to know how to remove is stinkin virus from the
computer. Now I have it in a vault.

Please Help
Thankz
STAR

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Mar 26, 2008, 1:41:07 AM3/26/08
See http://forum.grisoft.cz/freeforum/read.php?4,10178
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

star

Mar 29, 2008, 12:18:00 PM3/29/08
Now I think might have the trojan think going on the downloader agent. I
tried to take the steps you gave me for the past few days but its still here
what do I do now?

Star

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Mar 29, 2008, 3:47:17 PM3/29/08
Is the machine fully patched at Windows Update?

Assuming AVG keeps "finding" Java/ByteVerify, chances are it's being "found"
in one or more Restore Points. If so, "flushing" System Restore should take
care of it, otherwise I wouldn't worry about it (given no other complaints).

"Flush" System Restore: Right-click "My Computer" | select "Properties" |
select "System Restore" tab | Click the checkbox to disable System Restore
on all drives | click "Apply" | click the box again to re-enable System
Restore on all drives | click "Apply" | "OK" your way out.

Now create a new Restore Point manually.
--
~PA Bear