Windows wont start

LOLL

Aug 29, 2008, 8:56:01 AM8/29/08
I have the black screen with white text you get when windows is sfhut down
due to a power interruption for ecample, When I try to start windows using
any of the menu options ie safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode
with command prompt, or normally, I just still keep getting the
afore-mentioned screen back again.
Any ideas?

Michael A. Loginov

Aug 29, 2008, 9:39:10 AM8/29/08
I have an idea... May be, white text on the black screen can help us? What is
written?

LOLL

Aug 29, 2008, 11:10:01 AM8/29/08
Are you familiar with the black screeen and white text you get on starting
windows if you had previously shut down windows by hitting the power off
button for example. The text on that screen asks you if you want to start
windows in 1/safe mode, 2/safe mofe with networking, 3/safe mode with
commsnd prompt, or 4/start windows normally. No matter which mode I try to
use I just get the same screen immediately back again. It is a Toshiba M55
notebook computer. I have had this problem in the past and was always able
to start up again using the normal start mode. This time it momentarily
attempts to start but then reverts back to the black screen again with the
same options.