Winodws XP

Ivan

Jun 17, 2008, 9:45:00 AM6/17/08
I have one IBM notebook X40 and there is some strange happened.

It has installed Windows XP with SP2 . But now sometimes the keyboard does
not has any repsonse and I need to physical shut it down.

Does anyone has any idea? What do i need to check? Is it hardware or
Windows XP problems?

Ivan

SteveL

Jun 17, 2008, 9:58:04 AM6/17/08
Check to see if you need any updates from IBM: BIOS, HD Firmware update,
keyboard and so forth. Choose the correct country if not in the USA.

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-54078

Ivan

Jun 17, 2008, 10:15:02 AM6/17/08
I have checked it out in the IBM website and seems that nothing is related to
the keyboard dirver.

Does anybody has other suggestion for the notebook keyboard not responding

Ivan

SteveL

Jun 17, 2008, 10:53:01 AM6/17/08
So you are telling me that the BIOS has nothing to do with the keyboard.. OK
well good luck.

Patrick Keenan

Jun 17, 2008, 11:28:30 AM6/17/08
"Ivan" <Iv...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

It's likely hardware. You'll need to contact Lenovo for service.

You can test by using a Linux live boot CD, which will not affect the
installed OS. If the problem manifests there too, it has nothing
whatsoever to do with the OS.

HTH
-pk

4PeaceMirelle

Jun 17, 2008, 1:44:13 PM6/17/08
On Jun 17, 8:28 am, "Patrick Keenan" <t...@dev.null> wrote:
Mr. Keenan, I was reading on the net that you are a philanthropist, as
is your wife.
How do you reconcile giving millions to charity and defending a
terrorist state that has put the Palestinians in the largest open air
prison in world - Gaza, cut off food and fuel supplies, etc.
Collective punishment is not permitted by the Geneva Convention and
all other bodies of International law.
As a philanthropist, I would hope that you give those millions a year
out of seeing the need for donations due to seeing the suffering, and
by donating you are acting from the conviction that if a person is
able to alleviate suffering financially to do so. I would hope it is
not done to social climb and hop nob with the "haves" and "have
mores".
BTW, tell your wife to stop with the Botox already, aging is natural.
Botox is embarrassing to look at on a person's face, although the
person is not aware that people find it so. Usually, people feel sorry
for the person for resorting to Botox.

http://chitchatzionist.livejournal.com/

Mirelle

Alan

Jun 17, 2008, 7:35:19 PM6/17/08
Why is this propaganda crap link from 'Mirelle' allowed here?

Alan

"4PeaceMirelle" <anam...@gmail.com> wrote in message

cheley_b...@live.com

Jun 17, 2008, 9:12:32 PM6/17/08
On Jun 17, 10:15 am, Ivan <I...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have checked it out in the IBM website and seems that nothing is related to
> the keyboard dirver.
>
> Does anybody has other suggestion for the notebook keyboard not responding
>
> Ivan
>
> "SteveL" wrote:
> > Check to see if you need any updates from IBM: BIOS, HD Firmware update,
> > keyboard and so forth. Choose the correct country if not in the USA.
>
> >http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=leno...

> > "Ivan" wrote:
>
> > > I have one IBM notebook X40 and there is some strange happened.
>
> > > It has installed Windows XP with SP2 .  But now sometimes the keyboard does
> > > not has any repsonse and I need to physical shut it down.
>
> > > Does anyone has any idea?  What do i need to check?  Is it hardware or
> > > Windows XP problems?
>
> > > Ivan

See if it works with another keyboard plugged in the back

If it does, it's Hardware..

Bob I

Jun 18, 2008, 8:43:41 AM6/18/08
Same reason every other OT posting is here, it's an unmoderated public
newsgroup.

Alan

Jun 18, 2008, 10:26:16 AM6/18/08
Well, this public newsgroup is moderated enough such that posts from 'Alias'
are deleted almost as soon as they are posted.

Alias REALLY must have pissed someone at Microsoft off for them to be doing
that.

Alan

"Bob I" <bir...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Daave

Jun 18, 2008, 11:58:24 AM6/18/08
If this were a moderated newsgroup, those posts would never appear in
the first place.

John John (MVP)

Jun 18, 2008, 12:29:08 PM6/18/08
So then tell us, who do you think is removing the posts (on the MS server)?

John

Daave

Jun 18, 2008, 12:44:12 PM6/18/08
Surely someone from Microsoft is removing the posts. But that doesn't
make this a moderated newsgroup (strictly speaking). Posts on moderated
newsgroups do not show up immediately. They are *all* reviewed first.
That is why 4PeaceMirelle's silly post showed up (because this is not a
moderated newsgroup). And that is why Alias's posts show up (and
propagate and get archived on Google, etc., even if they are removed
from the MS news server shortly after they are posted). If this group
were moderated (again, in the generally accepted Usenet sense of the
term), Alias's posts (and presumably 4PeaceMirelle's claptrap) would not
show up in the first place and would therefore not propagate.

Alan

Jun 18, 2008, 12:45:36 PM6/18/08
Hi John,

Exactly.

I DO manage to see most of Alias' posts when I access these Microsoft groups
from my Supernews account.

Alan

"John John (MVP)" <aude...@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message

Alan

Jun 18, 2008, 12:52:30 PM6/18/08
Hi Daave,

Yes, you're right. In the strict, Usenet sense of the term, these are NOT
moderated groups.

Still, the effect is pretty much the same for those users who don't realize
that these Microsoft groups are available via servers other than those
controlled by Microsoft.

But, someone from Microsoft clearly has some sort of huge grudge against
Alias.

Alan

"Daave" <dcwash...@myrealboxXYZ.invalid> wrote in message

John John (MVP)

Jun 18, 2008, 1:03:08 PM6/18/08
It may not be moderated (strictly speaking) but there are posts that
don't ever make it to the groups, they are filtered by contents or
poster name/origin before they make it to the group servers.

John

John John (MVP)

Jun 18, 2008, 1:11:35 PM6/18/08
I don't think it's a grudge against him as such, it's more that some of
the subjects that he raises are obviously pretty touchy for someone at
Microsoft, they don't like certain things being talked about on their
servers.

John

Ron Badour

Jun 18, 2008, 1:42:06 PM6/18/08
I have been posting in these newsgroups since 1996 and I have never seen nor
heard of a post intentionally taken off a MS server merely because there
were discussions of or rants about MS. Posts are removed upon the request
of the poster if there is a valid reason, if they contain blatant spam,
contain excessive profanity, have any reference to porn, could contain
dangerous info, etc. MS takes freedom of speech very seriously and does not
arbitrarily remove posts just because they are critical of MS. With that
said, I don't recall seeing posts made by Alias so I don't know what might
be objectionable in his posts if they are indeed being removed. I would
also be willing to bet that a person could lose his/her job at MS if he/she
removed a post because of a grudge.
--
Regards

Ron Badour
MS MVP 1997 - 2008

"John John (MVP)" <aude...@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message

John John (MVP)

Jun 18, 2008, 3:22:53 PM6/18/08
It appears that now my posts to this thread are prevented from making it
to the MS server, so even mentioning the "A" name seems like reason
enough to block posts! I guess the conversation is now over because I
can no longer express my opinion about the subject!

John

John

Jun 18, 2008, 3:34:24 PM6/18/08
Let me try this again by editing the only word which "might" have an
automatic filter on it, I'll put dashes in the word and see if the post
is allowed.

Whether you agree with Alias or not one can safely say that his posts
never contain spam, porn, links to porn or vulgar language, yet many of
his posts have been removed or prevented from ever appearing on the MS
servers. On broaching the issue of the practice of shipping computers
with "restorations" cd's and recovery partitions instead of real Windows
cds I have had posts c-ens-ored in these groups, so I know that some
things are sensitive to someone at Microsoft, there are just some
subjects that someone at Microsoft doesn't like seeing aired out in
public! Other than that Microsoft is quite tolerant of what is being
said in these groups (on their servers), even when it is inflammatory or
highly critical of Microsoft.

John

Bob I

Jun 18, 2008, 3:36:17 PM6/18/08
How so? Perhaps you are just checking too soon?

John John (MVP)

Jun 18, 2008, 3:48:54 PM6/18/08
No, Bob. My second post (this one that you replied to) has appeared yet
the other one that I posted before this one hasn't. I tried to post the
same post again with my answer to Ron but the post hasn't been posted.

John

Bob I

Jun 18, 2008, 4:18:16 PM6/18/08
Dunno, I see posts from you in this thread at 11:29, 12:03, 12:11, 14:22
and this one at 14:48..

John John (MVP)

Jun 18, 2008, 4:35:42 PM6/18/08
There are missing posts, I made a post/reply to Ron (before my 14:22
post) and it hasn't shown up. I tried to repost the same message and
another (new) one with slightly altered contents and the posts aren't
showing.

John

Bob I

Jun 18, 2008, 4:50:24 PM6/18/08
perhaps "Alias" is a forbidden word?

Daave

Jun 18, 2008, 4:51:10 PM6/18/08
"Ron Badour" <So...@NoAddress.com> wrote in message

>I have been posting in these newsgroups since 1996 and I have never
>seen nor heard of a post intentionally taken off a MS server merely
>because there were discussions of or rants about MS. Posts are removed
>upon the request of the poster if there is a valid reason, if they
>contain blatant spam, contain excessive profanity, have any reference
>to porn, could contain dangerous info, etc. MS takes freedom of speech
>very seriously and does not arbitrarily remove posts just because they
>are critical of MS.

You forgot one category:

Someone advocating the transfer of an OEM license from one PC to another
PC and instucting others how to do so. That's the only thing I can think
of that Ay-lee-uss posts that MS would find objectionable, so although
MS may take freedom of speech seriously, they draw the line at a point
where therir EULA can be circumvented if an unethical person chooses to
do so. Then again, Ay-lee-uss has been very vocal in his belief that the
EULA itself is "unconscionable." An interesting assertion, but when push
comes to shove, he can't logically argue the point:

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/msg/43b3f6e406487f9c?hl=en

Notice that Ay-lee-uss never responded. (Or if he did, the message never
propagated.) PD43/Grumpy made an interesting point. But I still believe
that as long as the purchaser decides against installing the OS after
reading the EULA (but obviously after breaking the shrink wrap), he or
she *is* legally entitled to a full refund. But again, I defer to any
attorneys who may be reading this thread.

John John (MVP)

John John (MVP)

Jun 18, 2008, 5:01:08 PM6/18/08
Let me try one more time. I will try to paste my reply to Ron in
another post, in a reply to your post. As soon as I post this I will
post a second post with a copy of my earlier reply.

John

John John (MVP)

Jun 18, 2008, 5:23:58 PM6/18/08
I wonder how long I should wait for that other post to show up... There
is something in the post that someone doesn't like.

Bob I

Jun 18, 2008, 5:40:19 PM6/18/08
You could make multiple posts each containing a single sentence, and
then you would know what tripped the "filter".

John John (MVP)

Jun 18, 2008, 6:14:40 PM6/18/08
Well, somehow or other, when I tried to repost to Ron earlier, my post
must have made it somewhere at the exact moment when Google was
replicating to its servers and by some fluke my attempted repost made it
on to their servers, under another account with just my short "John" name.

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/browse_frm/thread/d9b0e7f6c12d588c/aaac990cbf85933d?lnk=st&q=#aaac990cbf85933d

(Look for post #27)

The post seems innocuous enough to me, but apparentlty not to the powers
that be somewhere out there...

John

Ron Badour

Jun 18, 2008, 6:40:56 PM6/18/08
John

Something else is going on as my reply to you had Alias in it and it made it
to the thread. Let's see if this one makes it--ALIAS, alias, Alias. By the
way, I post directly to the MS Server (msnews.microsoft.com) using Outlook
Express

--
Regards

Ron Badour
MS MVP 1997 - 2008

"John John (MVP)" <aude...@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message

Daave

Jun 18, 2008, 6:50:37 PM6/18/08
Or it might be a coincidence. Sometimes my posts don't show up on the MS
server either. Or maybe it's the "c" word....

"John John (MVP)" <aude...@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message

John John (MVP)

Jun 18, 2008, 6:55:29 PM6/18/08
Yes, it takes something else or something more than just the "A" name.
I said something else that someone doesn't like, I tried to post it
several times to you and once to Bob, but someone won't allow it or it's
triggering a filter rule on the servers. One post managed to make it on
to the Google archives, (see another post to Bob I), there isn't much
there offensive if you ask me but in the past I have found discussions
mentioning the subject to not be allowed on the servers, it appears to
be a "touchy" subject.

John

John John (MVP)

Jun 18, 2008, 7:00:04 PM6/18/08
It seems to me that censoring the word censor is a bit over the top, but
maybe read in context with the other words in the post it could have
triggered a filter rule. But I have to say that not too long ago a I
found that a discussion about certain practices was not allowed here.

John

John John (MVP)

Jun 18, 2008, 7:03:22 PM6/18/08
It's a funny coincidence that another post to Bob with the same text is
also not showing here yet posts a few minutes before and after (without
the offending text, whatever it is) is showing. To me it isn't
coincidence at all.

John

Ron Badour

Jun 18, 2008, 7:11:04 PM6/18/08
John,

Please send me an email through my web site containing the text you believe
is responsible. http://home.satx.rr.com/badour/

--
Regards

Ron Badour
MS MVP 1997 - 2008

"John John (MVP)" <aude...@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message

Ron Badour

Jun 18, 2008, 7:15:42 PM6/18/08
If the subject dealt with something illegal, then I would not be surprised
to see it deleted. However, with that said, I have seen posts (one by a
former MS MVP) that contained product keys for W98 and the posts were not
deleted.

--
Regards

Ron Badour
MS MVP 1997 - 2008

"John John (MVP)" <aude...@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message

Alan

Jun 18, 2008, 7:21:46 PM6/18/08
Hi John and Ron,

Well, I tried posting the attached reply below, showing a history of John's
replies to this thread, about 45 minutes ago, and it still hasn't shown up
here.

I'm attaching it again. Let's see if it makes it this time.

Alan

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Hi John,

Here are the posts I found from you in THIS thread, beginning at 12:29 PM
EDT and ending at 6:14 PM EDT, using my Supernews server account.

If you posted any others -- and they were deleted from Microsoft's servers
before they were propagated -- then they won't be here.

Alan

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 12:29 PM

"John John (MVP)" <aude...@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message

> So then tell us, who do you think is removing the posts (on the MS
> server)?
>
> John

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 1:03 PM

> It may not be moderated (strictly speaking) but there are posts that don't
> ever make it to the groups, they are filtered by contents or poster
> name/origin before they make it to the group servers.
>
> John

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 1:11 PM

"John John (MVP)" <aude...@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message

>I don't think it's a grudge against him as such, it's more that some of the
>subjects that he raises are obviously pretty touchy for someone at
>Microsoft, they don't like certain things being talked about on their
>servers.
>
> John

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 3:22 PM

"John John (MVP)" <aude...@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message

> It appears that now my posts to this thread are prevented from making it
> to the MS server, so even mentioning the "A" name seems like reason enough
> to block posts! I guess the conversation is now over because I can no
> longer express my opinion about the subject!
>
> John

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 3:48 PM

> No, Bob. My second post (this one that you replied to) has appeared yet
> the other one that I posted before this one hasn't. I tried to post the
> same post again with my answer to Ron but the post hasn't been posted.
>
> John

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 4:35 PM

> There are missing posts, I made a post/reply to Ron (before my 14:22 post)
> and it hasn't shown up. I tried to repost the same message and another
> (new) one with slightly altered contents and the posts aren't showing.
>
> John

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 5:01 PM

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

> Lets see if this will work:
>
> Whether you agree with Alias or not one can safely say that his posts
> never contain spam, porn, links to porn or vulgar language, yet many of
> his posts have been removed or prevented from ever appearing on the MS
> servers. On broaching the issue of the practice of shipping computers with
> "restorations" cd's and recovery partitions instead of real Windows cds I
> have had posts censored in these groups, so I know that some things are
> sensitive to someone at Microsoft, there are just some subjects that
> someone at Microsoft doesn't like seeing aired out in public! Other than
> that Microsoft is quite tolerant of what is being said in these groups (on
> their servers), even when it is inflammatory or highly critical of
> Microsoft.
>
> John

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 5:23 PM

>I wonder how long I should wait for that other post to show up... There is
>something in the post that someone doesn't like.
>
> John John (MVP) wrote:

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 6:14 PM

"John John (MVP)" <aude...@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message

> Well, somehow or other, when I tried to repost to Ron earlier, my post
> must have made it somewhere at the exact moment when Google was
> replicating to its servers and by some fluke my attempted repost made it
> on to their servers, under another account with just my short "John" name.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

"Ron Badour" <So...@NoAddress.com> wrote in message

Alan

Jun 18, 2008, 7:32:16 PM6/18/08
Hi Ron,

I have tried posting replies two times showing a history of John's
replies to this thread, and they still haven't shown up here.

Let's see if this post makes it.

Alan

"Ron Badour" <So...@NoAddress.com> wrote in message

Alan

Jun 18, 2008, 7:41:02 PM6/18/08
Ron,

Is it okay if I send the replies that I posted -- which HAVEN'T shown up
here -- to your website account?

Alan

Ron Badour

Jun 18, 2008, 7:43:26 PM6/18/08
Seems like it made it here anyway. Do you post directly to the MS server:
msnews.microsoft.com ?

I am hoping that John will email me the comments he is having trouble with
so I can try posting them.

--
Regards

Ron Badour
MS MVP 1997 - 2008

"Alan" <some...@nospam.not> wrote in message

Alan

Jun 18, 2008, 7:49:31 PM6/18/08

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 5:01 PM

"John John (MVP)" <aude...@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message

> Lets see if this will work:
>
> Whether you agree with Alias or not one can safely say that his posts
> never contain spam, porn, links to porn or vulgar language, yet many of
> his posts have been removed or prevented from ever appearing on the MS
> servers. On broaching the issue of the practice of shipping computers with
> "restorations" cd's and recovery partitions instead of real Windows cds I
> have had posts censored in these groups, so I know that some things are
> sensitive to someone at Microsoft, there are just some subjects that
> someone at Microsoft doesn't like seeing aired out in public! Other than
> that Microsoft is quite tolerant of what is being said in these groups (on
> their servers), even when it is inflammatory or highly critical of
> Microsoft.
>
> John

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 5:23 PM

"John John (MVP)" <aude...@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message

>I wonder how long I should wait for that other post to show up... There is
>something in the post that someone doesn't like.
>
> John John (MVP) wrote:

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 6:14 PM

"John John (MVP)" <aude...@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message

> Well, somehow or other, when I tried to repost to Ron earlier, my post
> must have made it somewhere at the exact moment when Google was
> replicating to its servers and by some fluke my attempted repost made it
> on to their servers, under another account with just my short "John" name.

Alan

Jun 18, 2008, 7:47:14 PM6/18/08
I've been using the MS Server to try to post them.

I'm now going to use my Supernews account to post them, and see if they show
up there....and ultimately Google.

Alan

"Ron Badour" <So...@NoAddress.com> wrote in message

Ron Badour

Jun 18, 2008, 7:53:55 PM6/18/08
Yes. By the way, I see two posts that you made--one at 6:21 and the other
at 6:32 and they appear to be ones you are not seeing.

--
Regards

Ron Badour
MS MVP 1997 - 2008

"Alan" <some...@nospam.not> wrote in message

Alan

Jun 18, 2008, 8:00:54 PM6/18/08
Yes, those are the posts.

I DO see them using my Supernews server.

Alan

"Ron Badour" <So...@NoAddress.com> wrote in message

Ron Badour

Jun 18, 2008, 8:09:08 PM6/18/08
Well, I can obviously see them and I am connected to msnews.microsoft.com
which is the server name listed on my news account, server tab. Check your
settings and if they do not mirror mine, that is probably the problem. Once
thing for sure--no censorship is involved. John still has not emailed the
comments he says he is having trouble with.

--
Regards

Ron Badour
MS MVP 1997 - 2008

"Alan" <some...@nospam.not> wrote in message

Ron Badour

Jun 18, 2008, 8:26:36 PM6/18/08
As a matter of interest, I see two posts made by Alias: Service Pack 3,
7:00 pm and Reinstalling XP Pro, 6:57.

By the way, I forgot to include one more thing that could be cause for posts
to be removed. MS has rules of conduct for its newsgroups and constant
violation of those rules could result in a person being banned from posting
on a MS Server.

I see some of the posts from pc*butts*1 removed but I don't know why. He
includes in his posts that he is an MS MVP and while that may be true, he is
not a Microsoft MVP which is implied but I don't think that is the reason
his posts are removed--I may be wrong.

--
Regards

Ron Badour
MS MVP 1997 - 2008

Alan

Jun 18, 2008, 8:29:20 PM6/18/08
Ron,

I'm also using msnews.microsoft.com for the Microsoft Server name. And I
have NO message rules set for either my OE emails or newsgroups.

If I were using an incorrect setting, I wouldn't be able to post or see ANY
messages in this group, would I?

It seems to be selected messages that I can't post -- or see -- using
msnews.microsoft.com.

However I CAN post and see them using a different newsgroup server.

Maybe I'm not understanding what you mean.

Alan

"Ron Badour" <So...@NoAddress.com> wrote in message

Alan

Jun 18, 2008, 8:48:16 PM6/18/08
Ron,

Well, YOU might be seeing Alias' posts, but I can't see them using the
Microsoft server.

I CAN see those posts, however, using my Supernews server account.

Clearly, something is a bit screwy here.

I suppose if I want to ensure that I see all posts by everyone -- without
filtering or auto-deleting --it's better to NOT use the Microsoft servers.

Alan

"Ron Badour" <So...@NoAddress.com> wrote in message

Alan

Jun 18, 2008, 8:58:16 PM6/18/08
Hi Ron,

You say that you can see the two posts, but I still can't see them on the
Microsoft server. Yet I DO see them using Supernews.

I've copied/pasted the contents of one of them and I'm submitting it again
via my Supernews account.

I'm sure it will show up when I access this topic from my Supernews account.

I'll be curious to see if it shows up when I access this topic using the
MSFT servers.

Alan

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

> [...]

>> said something else that someone doesn't like, I tried to post it several
>> times to you and once to Bob, but someone won't allow it or it's
>> triggering a filter rule on the servers. One post managed to make it on
>> to the Google archives, (see another post to Bob I), there isn't much
>> there offensive if you ask me but in the past I have found discussions
>> mentioning the subject to not be allowed on the servers, it appears to be
>> a "touchy" subject.
>>
>> John
>>
>> Ron Badour wrote:
>>
>>> John
>>>
>>> Something else is going on as my reply to you had Alias in it and it
>>> made it to the thread. Let's see if this one makes it--ALIAS, alias,
>>> Alias. By the way, I post directly to the MS Server
>>> (msnews.microsoft.com) using Outlook Express

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Alan

Jun 18, 2008, 9:12:30 PM6/18/08
Ron,

Okay, something clearly IS going on here, vis-a-vis, filtering, censoring,
editing....whatever one chooses to call it.

Using my Supernews account, I just reposted messages that you earlier said
that you could see using the microsoft server.

I CAN see the messages using Supernews.

I CAN read the message at Google groups at
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/msg/871df38748c5dcd3

I can NOT see the message using the Microsoft server.

I don't think it's a 'coincidence.'

Alan

John John (MVP)

Jun 18, 2008, 9:55:26 PM6/18/08
The posts are showing up in the Google archives but not on the MS
servers. The posts that I made were rather tame and bland if you ask me
but someone doesn't want to see the subject mentioned here, not by me or
not by others, as clearly demonstrated by your efforts to copy and post
the same text to your post.

John

Alan

Jun 18, 2008, 10:16:25 PM6/18/08
Yes, it's a little disheartening -- and a bit scary -- John.

Alan

"John John (MVP)" <aude...@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message

Bob I

Jun 19, 2008, 9:09:48 AM6/19/08
maybe the word porn?

Bob I

Jun 19, 2008, 9:20:43 AM6/19/08
Guess not.

John John (MVP)

Jun 19, 2008, 9:48:26 AM6/19/08
With he the word c-e-n-s-o r-e-d maybe.

John

Bob I

Jun 19, 2008, 10:03:27 AM6/19/08
Trying censored and alias

John John (MVP)

Jun 19, 2008, 10:17:05 AM6/19/08
Try it with p-o-r-n

John

mae

Jun 19, 2008, 10:34:06 AM6/19/08
Ron, I agree with you.
Perhaps the one message got lost when he changed the subject, plus messages
do get lost, and the filters aren't perpect..
I also see gobs of messages from alias.

mae

| John
|
| Something else is going on as my reply to you had Alias in it and it made
it
| to the thread. Let's see if this one makes it--ALIAS, alias, Alias. By
the
| way, I post directly to the MS Server (msnews.microsoft.com) using Outlook
| Express
|

| --
| Regards
|
| Ron Badour
| MS MVP 1997 - 2008

Alan

Jun 19, 2008, 10:45:23 AM6/19/08
mae,

What about the missing messages that __I__ have sent, which show up reading
this newsgroup in Giganews and Google -- and probably many others -- but
which do NOT show up on the Microsoft servers?

Why are you discounting those?

There clearly is something going on here as far as
filtering/editing/censoring goes.

And, if you know what kind of filtering is being done, would you kindly
share that information with the rest of us?

Alan

"mae" <agra...@notemail.msn.com> wrote in message

Bob I

Jun 19, 2008, 10:53:40 AM6/19/08
Well that doesn't seem to trigger it, I already tried. ;-)

John John (MVP)

Jun 19, 2008, 10:58:17 AM6/19/08
No, that isn't the case, other messages with different contents made it
through but multiple attempts to post the same message contents to
different parts of the thread failed.

John

John John (MVP)

Jun 19, 2008, 12:04:14 PM6/19/08
I meant censored porn.

John

John John (MVP)

Jun 19, 2008, 12:08:43 PM6/19/08
I guess it's no that either. Maybe links to censored porn

John

Bob I

Jun 19, 2008, 12:07:42 PM6/19/08
Humm, I think maybe a combo, or someone "fixed" it.

John John (MVP)

Jun 19, 2008, 12:12:34 PM6/19/08
In that case, if it's "fixed" I should be able to past the exact text
that got the post banned yesterday and it should show on the server. I
will give it anoter try.

John

Alan

Jun 19, 2008, 12:20:29 PM6/19/08
And I'll try posting the quotes from you that I made yesterday and which
didn't show up in this thread on the Microsoft server.

Alan

"John John (MVP)" <aude...@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message

Alan

Jun 19, 2008, 12:24:25 PM6/19/08
I am posting this via giganews on June 19th at 12:24 PM EDT.

Alan

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 5:01 PM

"John John (MVP)" <aude...@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message

> Lets see if this will work:
>
> Whether you agree with Alias or not one can safely say that his posts
> never contain spam, porn, links to porn or vulgar language, yet many of
> his posts have been removed or prevented from ever appearing on the MS
> servers. On broaching the issue of the practice of shipping computers with
> "restorations" cd's and recovery partitions instead of real Windows cds I
> have had posts censored in these groups, so I know that some things are
> sensitive to someone at Microsoft, there are just some subjects that
> someone at Microsoft doesn't like seeing aired out in public! Other than
> that Microsoft is quite tolerant of what is being said in these groups (on
> their servers), even when it is inflammatory or highly critical of
> Microsoft.
>
> John

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 5:23 PM

"John John (MVP)" <aude...@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message

>I wonder how long I should wait for that other post to show up... There is
>something in the post that someone doesn't like.
>
> John John (MVP) wrote:

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 6:14 PM

"John John (MVP)" <aude...@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message

> Well, somehow or other, when I tried to repost to Ron earlier, my post
> must have made it somewhere at the exact moment when Google was
> replicating to its servers and by some fluke my attempted repost made it
> on to their servers, under another account with just my short "John" name.

"John John (MVP)" <aude...@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Alias

Jun 19, 2008, 12:38:01 PM6/19/08
John John (MVP) wrote:
> Lets see if this will work:
>
> Whether you agree with Alias or not one can safely say that his posts
> never contain spam, porn, links to porn or vulgar language, yet many of
> his posts have been removed or prevented from ever appearing on the MS
> servers. On broaching the issue of the practice of shipping computers
> with "restorations" cd's and recovery partitions instead of real Windows
> cds I have had posts censored in these groups, so I know that some
> things are sensitive to someone at Microsoft, there are just some
> subjects that someone at Microsoft doesn't like seeing aired out in
> public! Other than that Microsoft is quite tolerant of what is being
> said in these groups (on their servers), even when it is inflammatory or
> highly critical of Microsoft.
>
> John

Thanks for the kind words. MS is afraid of Ubuntu and rightfully so.
After all, it's free, is not virus or malware prone and can run on each
and every machine that's running XP right now. As I occasionally suggest
using Ubuntu, I am on their black list. I do notice that if I change my
nick and email address, the posts will go on the MS servers but are
quickly removed. You'd think that MS would have these "moderators" doing
something useful but, after all, look what they did with Vista.

Alias

Alias

Jun 19, 2008, 12:39:24 PM6/19/08
Daave wrote:
> Surely someone from Microsoft is removing the posts. But that doesn't
> make this a moderated newsgroup (strictly speaking). Posts on moderated
> newsgroups do not show up immediately. They are *all* reviewed first.
> That is why 4PeaceMirelle's silly post showed up (because this is not a
> moderated newsgroup). And that is why Alias's posts show up (and
> propagate and get archived on Google, etc., even if they are removed
> from the MS news server shortly after they are posted). If this group
> were moderated (again, in the generally accepted Usenet sense of the
> term), Alias's posts (and presumably 4PeaceMirelle's claptrap) would not
> show up in the first place and would therefore not propagate.

Many, many times my posts never show up in the first place.

Alias

> John John (MVP) wrote:
>> So then tell us, who do you think is removing the posts (on the MS
>> server)?
>> John
>>

>> Daave wrote:
>>
>>> If this were a moderated newsgroup, those posts would never appear in
>>> the first place.

Alias

Jun 19, 2008, 12:41:36 PM6/19/08
Ron Badour wrote:
> I have been posting in these newsgroups since 1996 and I have never seen nor
> heard of a post intentionally taken off a MS server merely because there
> were discussions of or rants about MS. Posts are removed upon the request
> of the poster if there is a valid reason, if they contain blatant spam,
> contain excessive profanity, have any reference to porn, could contain
> dangerous info, etc. MS takes freedom of speech very seriously and does not
> arbitrarily remove posts just because they are critical of MS. With that
> said, I don't recall seeing posts made by Alias so I don't know what might
> be objectionable in his posts if they are indeed being removed. I would
> also be willing to bet that a person could lose his/her job at MS if he/she
> removed a post because of a grudge.

I don't know anyone at MS. I do know that some of my posts never make
the MS servers until I change my email address. So, I am being censored,
pure and simple, and MS is not serious about free speech. They would do
well to set up shop in China where this kind of crap is accepted.

Alias

John John (MVP)

Jun 19, 2008, 12:38:18 PM6/19/08
Hmmm. I wonder how long I should wait....

It might be easier to copy the stuff between the === lines then go here
http://people.csail.mit.edu/hammond/teaching/cs1001/MorseCodeTranslator.html
paste in the box and translate it to english...

.-- .... . - .... . .-. / -.-- --- ..- / .- --. .-. . . / .-- .. - ....
/ .- .-.. .. .- ... / --- .-. / -. --- - / --- -. . / -.-. .- -. / ...
.- ..-. . .-.. -.-- / ... .- -.-- / - .... .- - / .... .. ... / .--. ---
... - ... / -. . ...- . .-. / -.-. --- -. - .- .. -. / ... .--. .- --
--..-- / .--. --- .-. -. --..-- / .-.. .. -. -.- ... / - --- / .--. ---
.-. -. / --- .-. / ...- ..- .-.. --. .- .-. / .-.. .- -. --. ..- .- --.
. --..-- / -.-- . - / -- .- -. -.-- / --- ..-. / .... .. ... / .--. ---
... - ... / .... .- ...- . / -... . . -. / .-. . -- --- ...- . -.. / ---
.-. / .--. .-. . ...- . -. - . -.. / ..-. .-. --- -- / . ...- . .-. / .-
.--. .--. . .- .-. .. -. --. / --- -. / - .... . / -- ... / ... . .-.
...- . .-. ... .-.-.- / / --- -. / -... .-. --- .- -.-. .... .. -. --. /
- .... . / .. ... ... ..- . / --- ..-. / - .... . / .--. .-. .- -.-. -
.. -.-. . / --- ..-. / ... .... .. .--. .--. .. -. --. / -.-. --- --
.--. ..- - . .-. ... / .-- .. - .... / .-. . ... - --- .-. .- - .. ---
-. ... / -.-. -.. ... / .- -. -.. / .-. . -.-. --- ...- . .-. -.-- /
.--. .- .-. - .. - .. --- -. ... / .. -. ... - . .- -.. / --- ..-. / .-.
. .- .-.. / .-- .. -. -.. --- .-- ... / -.-. -.. ... / .. / .... .- ...-
. / .... .- -.. / .--. --- ... - ... / -.-. . -. ... --- .-. . -.. / ..
-. / - .... . ... . / --. .-. --- ..- .--. ... --..-- / ... --- / .. /
-.- -. --- .-- / - .... .- - / ... --- -- . / - .... .. -. --. ... / .-
.-. . / ... . -. ... .. - .. ...- . / - --- / ... --- -- . --- -. . / .-
- / -- .. -.-. .-. --- ... --- ..-. - --..-- / - .... . .-. . / .- .-. .
/ .--- ..- ... - / ... --- -- . / ... ..- -... .--- . -.-. - ... / -
.... .- - / ... --- -- . --- -. . / .- - / -- .. -.-. .-. --- ... ---
..-. - / -.. --- . ... -. - / .-.. .. -.- . / ... . . .. -. --. / .- ..
.-. . -.. / --- ..- - / .. -. / .--. ..- -... .-.. .. -.-. / / --- -
.... . .-. / - .... .- -. / - .... .- - / -- .. -.-. .-. --- ... ---
..-. - / .. ... / --.- ..- .. - . / - --- .-.. . .-. .- -. - / --- ..-.
/ .-- .... .- - / .. ... / -... . .. -. --. / ... .- .. -.. / .. -. / -
.... . ... . / --. .-. --- ..- .--. ... / --- -. / - .... . .. .-. / ...
. .-. ...- . .-. ... --..-- / . ...- . -. / .-- .... . -. / .. - / ..
... / .. -. ..-. .-.. .- -- -- .- - --- .-. -.-- / --- .-. / .... .. --.
.... .-.. -.-- / -.-. .-. .. - .. -.-. .- .-.. / --- ..-. / -- .. -.-.
.-. --- ... --- ..-. - .-.-.- /

Daave

Jun 19, 2008, 12:43:32 PM6/19/08
Alias wrote:
> Daave wrote:
>> Surely someone from Microsoft is removing the posts. But that doesn't
>> make this a moderated newsgroup (strictly speaking). Posts on
>> moderated newsgroups do not show up immediately. They are *all*
>> reviewed first. That is why 4PeaceMirelle's silly post showed up
>> (because this is not a moderated newsgroup). And that is why Alias's
>> posts show up (and propagate and get archived on Google, etc., even
>> if they are removed from the MS news server shortly after they are
>> posted). If this group were moderated (again, in the generally
>> accepted Usenet sense of the term), Alias's posts (and presumably
>> 4PeaceMirelle's claptrap) would not show up in the first place and
>> would therefore not propagate.
>
> Many, many times my posts never show up in the first place.

This one did!

Alan

Jun 19, 2008, 12:44:06 PM6/19/08
And in the 'SERVICE PACK 3 - Updated Help Needed...' thread that was started
by a poster named Stephen Blakely on 6/18/08 at 6:48 PM, there was this
exchange, below, between Alias and me.

I'm posting this through my giganews account on June 19 at 12:42 PM, EDT.

Alan

"Alias" <iama...@REMOVEgmailTHIS.com> wrote in message
> Alan wrote:
>> Alias,
>>
>> Not that you asked, but I'm just curious if you've seen some of the posts
>> that a few of us have been writing regarding your 'problems' with posting
>> on Microsoft servers?
>>
>> Alan
>
> No, I haven't seen them. What do they say? I do know that all my posts are
> censored on MS servers. I guess MS is scared of Ubuntu and rightfully so.
> MS would do well in China or Iran.
>
> Alias

Alan

Jun 19, 2008, 12:50:52 PM6/19/08
John,

Are YOU able to see this post in which Alias and I talk about his threads?

Alan

"Alan" <some...@nospam.pew> wrote in message

John John (MVP)

Jun 19, 2008, 12:57:12 PM6/19/08
Daave wrote:

Maybe because he didn't post anything controversial. But one of my post
won't make it to the servers... unless I post it in Morse Code! lol I
wonder what is in the post that forbids it on the servers.

Mind you, I don't think that anyone is saying that anything and
everything should be allowed here, else we would have to wade through
tons of spam and f*r*e*e s\e\x junk, as is often the case on .alt
discussion groups. There has to be filtering and post removal going on
or else the groups would be swamped and everyone would be extremely
annoyed. But I think that along with the necessary filtering and post
removal someone is applying "other" rules of their own.

John

Alan

Jun 19, 2008, 12:58:26 PM6/19/08
Daave,

Yes THAT post one from Alias did show up. Some of his occasionally do.

However, there are posts being made by John John and me -- discussing this
situation -- which are NOT showing up when they are posted via Microsoft's
newsgroups server.

They DO show up when I post via giganews, and they ARE in Google.

Take a look at this link at
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/browse_frm/thread/d9b0e7f6c12d588c/4407208bde812abf?#
and read through the ENTIRE thread to see what you might have been missing,
if you're depending solely on the MSFT servers.

Alan

"Daave" <dcwash...@myrealboxXYZ.invalid> wrote in message

Alan

Jun 19, 2008, 1:03:05 PM6/19/08
Alias,

What's REALLY scary is that Microsoft is actually paying people to
administer their newsgroups, to keep 'subversives' like you off the air.

Alan

"Alias" <iama...@REMOVEgmailTHIS.com> wrote in message

John John (MVP)

Jun 19, 2008, 1:01:49 PM6/19/08
I see this thread and the one labeled SERVICE PACK 3 - Updated Help
Needed... but I still find my post censored if I post the original
contents that couldn't make it here (yesterday) in the first place,
...it is still censored ...unless I post it in Morse Code!

John

Bob I

Jun 19, 2008, 1:00:39 PM6/19/08

John John (MVP) wrote:

Curious enough to post it one line at a time yet? ;-)

Alan

Jun 19, 2008, 1:12:58 PM6/19/08
John,

Maybe the admin of the Microsoft servers thinks that an MVP is being
'disloyal?'

Have you ever visited Siberia in the wintertime? :->

Alan

"John John (MVP)" <aude...@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message

norm

Jun 19, 2008, 1:20:29 PM6/19/08
Fwiw, a couple days ago I saw a warning in the vista general group from
Colin Barnhorst about some drastic actions forthcoming in the groups
concerning posts deemed inappropriate. The thread is "the powers that be".
"Colin Barnhorst wrote:
Suggestion: I really wish you guys would move on from this Adam
NotSoBright stuff. It is entirely off-topic and is starting to result
in some ugly looking actions from the powers-that-be."
Quite possibly, Colin might have more info on what specifically is going
on.

--
norm

Alias

Jun 19, 2008, 1:22:48 PM6/19/08
Alan wrote:
> Alias,
>
> What's REALLY scary is that Microsoft is actually paying people to
> administer their newsgroups, to keep 'subversives' like you off the air.
>
> Alan

I doubt anyone is getting paid when they have shills like Carey Frisch
who would do it for free.

Alias

Alias

Jun 19, 2008, 1:23:22 PM6/19/08

I changed my email address and Carey Frisch isn't up yet.

Alias

Daave

Jun 19, 2008, 1:23:21 PM6/19/08
John John (MVP) wrote:
> Daave wrote:
>
>> Alias wrote:

>>> Many, many times my posts never show up in the first place.
>>

>> This one did!
>
> Maybe because he didn't post anything controversial. But one of my
> post won't make it to the servers... unless I post it in Morse Code!
> lol I wonder what is in the post that forbids it on the servers.
>
> Mind you, I don't think that anyone is saying that anything and
> everything should be allowed here, else we would have to wade through
> tons of spam and f*r*e*e s\e\x junk, as is often the case on .alt
> discussion groups. There has to be filtering and post removal going
> on or else the groups would be swamped and everyone would be extremely
> annoyed. But I think that along with the necessary filtering and post
> removal someone is applying "other" rules of their own.

Most of Alias's posts are not controversial. Apparently, when he changed
his e-mail address, his posts started showing up again, so MS was
filtering all posts including that old address. My guess is they don't
appreciate it when he gives people instructions on how to transfer an
OEM license from one PC to another.

Strictly speaking, "free speech" is a governmental concept, so MS isn't
really censoring Alias. However, it's pretty close; they are impeding
the free flow of information. Then again, it's their server, and they
are legally allowed to do this. Although I understand their motivations,
they are being disingenuous when they claim to support free speech.

FWIW, there is another issue. Sometimes the MS news server just acts
plain goofy. I've made posts using it which have never showed up. I
would immediately use another news server (my ISP's or Google Groups).
Although those posts propagated, they still never showed on the MS news
server. Then the problem would disappear quickly. Something tripped the
filtering. Perhaps it was a combination of the length, how many quoted
lines (from previous posts) it contained, or a banned poster appearing
at one point in the thread.

Or it might be some sort of weird "Bush Hid the Facts" bug:

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/bush-hid-the-facts-notepad.html

Alias

Jun 19, 2008, 1:28:50 PM6/19/08
Daave wrote:
> John John (MVP) wrote:
>> Daave wrote:

>>> This one did!
>> Maybe because he didn't post anything controversial. But one of my
>> post won't make it to the servers... unless I post it in Morse Code!
>> lol I wonder what is in the post that forbids it on the servers.
>>
>> Mind you, I don't think that anyone is saying that anything and
>> everything should be allowed here, else we would have to wade through
>> tons of spam and f*r*e*e s\e\x junk, as is often the case on .alt
>> discussion groups. There has to be filtering and post removal going
>> on or else the groups would be swamped and everyone would be extremely
>> annoyed. But I think that along with the necessary filtering and post
>> removal someone is applying "other" rules of their own.
>
> Most of Alias's posts are not controversial. Apparently, when he changed
> his e-mail address, his posts started showing up again, so MS was
> filtering all posts including that old address. My guess is they don't
> appreciate it when he gives people instructions on how to transfer an
> OEM license from one PC to another.

<eg>

Alias

norm

Jun 19, 2008, 1:28:08 PM6/19/08
Correction. The thread is "adam albright's dream fantasy...LOL!", not
"the powers that be". In any event the whole thread is not available on
the ms server.

--
norm

Frank

Jun 19, 2008, 1:34:30 PM6/19/08
Alias, the lying linux troll wrote:

-------------------------------------

You are a known and admitted liar, thief, spammer, troll and a bigoted
atheist asshole loser.

Frank

Jun 19, 2008, 1:35:39 PM6/19/08
Alias wrote:

> I changed my email address and Carey Frisch isn't up yet.
>
> Alias

You're a known and admitted liar, thief, spammer, troll and a bigoted
atheist asshole loser.

Daave

Jun 19, 2008, 1:39:35 PM6/19/08

Does Carey Frisch have the ability to remove/filter your posts?

Alias

Jun 19, 2008, 1:43:25 PM6/19/08

So he says.

Alias

Frank-FL

Jun 19, 2008, 2:03:25 PM6/19/08

"Alan" <some...@nospam.not> wrote in message news:%23eUuK9U...@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...

> Well, this public newsgroup is moderated enough such that posts from 'Alias'
> are deleted almost as soon as they are posted.
>
> Alias REALLY must have pissed someone at Microsoft off for them to be doing
> that.
>
> Alan
>
> "Bob I" <bir...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Same reason every other OT posting is here, it's an unmoderated public
>> newsgroup.

>>> "4PeaceMirelle" <anam...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Alias posts could be considered by some as being a little overboard by
promoting Ubuntu, or posting from Spain.

Ron Badour

Alias

Jun 19, 2008, 2:24:42 PM6/19/08

What, pray tell, would posting from Spain have to do with it? Ubuntu is
an excellent alternative to *anything* Windows, especially Vista so I am
*on**topic*. This fact is why MS has its panties in a twist.

Alias

Frank

Jun 19, 2008, 2:38:49 PM6/19/08
Alias wrote:

You're a known and admitted liar, thief, spammer, troll and a bigoted
atheist asshole loser.
Frank

Ron Badour

Jun 19, 2008, 2:35:44 PM6/19/08
ANOTHER TEST--John's words and some of mine.

"On broaching the issue of the practice of shipping computers
with "restorations" cd's and recovery partitions instead of real Windows
cds I have had posts censored in these groups, so I know that some
things are sensitive to someone at Microsoft, there are just some
subjects that someone at Microsoft doesn't like seeing aired out in
public! Other than that Microsoft is quite tolerant of what is being
said in these groups (on their servers), even when it is inflammatory or
highly critical of Microsoft."

___________________

My words:

Now, I have to ask the question--why would anyone from MS object to that
text when it is the business practices of OEMs that is being questioned. I
have the same problem with this practice and I wrote to Dell to voice a very
strong opinion why this was a stupid idea (i.e., the hard drive crashes and
the replacement files are lost). In past posts, I listed a hard to find URL
at Dell that a person can use to request a Windows CD:

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dellcare/en/backupcd_form?c=us&l=en&s=gen&redirect=1

--
Regards

Ron Badour
MS MVP 1997 - 2008

"Ron Badour" <So...@NoAddress.com> wrote in message

Ron Badour

Jun 19, 2008, 2:42:49 PM6/19/08
MORE INFO.

It is obvious that some filtering is going on and I will try to get back to
this thread after I get some information that I need. I am going out of
town for a few days but I will definitely get back either before or after my
trip.

--
Regards

Ron Badour
MS MVP 1997 - 2008

"Ron Badour" <So...@NoAddress.com> wrote in message

John John (MVP)

Jun 19, 2008, 3:50:51 PM6/19/08
At times I have been, how shall I say, pretty vociferous on this
business practice. In no uncertain terms I have made it clear that I
think that Microsoft could put an end to the practice if they wanted to
but that they have certain vested "interests" in keeping the practice
alive. Perhaps my ID along with a few "buzz" words sends my posts on
the subject straight to the bozo bin!

John

mae

Jun 19, 2008, 4:04:50 PM6/19/08
Maybe some word combinations trip the filters.

test the first part of your post:

"Whether you agree with Alias or not one can safely say that his posts

never contain spam, porn, _ _ _ or vulgar language, yet many of

his posts have been removed or prevented from ever appearing on the MS
servers.

John "

mae

"John John (MVP)" <aude...@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message