Please help before i loose all my hair

@discussions.microsoft.com Evelyn

Jan 12, 2008, 2:14:02 PM1/12/08
error loading c:\widows\system32\pnybjlsi.dll appears when i start up my
computer I really need to know how to fis this and i get messaged that i have
to trun of or switch desktops

Byte

Jan 12, 2008, 2:31:02 PM1/12/08
No such animal as "pnybjlsi.dll" in WindowsXP or its System 32 directory.
Suggest you do this: Click Start>Run>type MSCONFIG and click OK.
Click the Startup tab and uncheck/disable everything, (remember which ones
were checked or write it down)>click Apply and Close. Reboot. Close the
popup that tells you that you've changed your Startup. Now the problem should
be gone. Go back to MSCONFIG and recheck each item that was checked
before, one-at-a-time, to find out which app was the culprit. It could be
malware, spyware, who knows but you. Run Ad-Aware or Spybot.

--
XP - WNP
Today is the first day of the

Nepatsfan

Jan 12, 2008, 2:36:19 PM1/12/08
"Evelyn" <Evelyn @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> error loading c:\widows\system32\pnybjlsi.dll appears when i start up my
> computer I really need to know how to fis this and i get messaged that i have
> to trun of or switch desktops

Have you run an antivirus scan lately? The type of problem you describe is
usually the result of an AV program finding a virus, deleting it, but leaving
behind a reference in the Windows registry that launches it at startup. Since
the virus has been deleted, you receive an error message that the file can't be
found. Here's how to fix the problem;

Download and run this program from Microsoft.

AutoRuns for Windows v9.0
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

Look on the Everything page for an entry that includes pnybjlsi.dll in the Image
Path column.
Remove the check mark from the box next to this entry.
Close Autoruns.
Restart your computer to make sure the error message is no longer displayed.

Just to be on the safe side, you might consider taking steps to make sure your
system is virus free. Here's a site with general instructions on cleaning a
computer.

Courtesy of Malke Routh, MS-MVP
http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Viruses_Malware

Good luck

Nepatsfan

Detlev Dreyer

Jan 12, 2008, 2:39:24 PM1/12/08
"Evelyn" <Evelyn @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

If you didn't perform any installation prior to the first encounter of this
message, your system is infested by malware.

--
d-d

Colin Barnhorst

Jan 12, 2008, 2:49:08 PM1/12/08
Do you use a pny memory card or device of some kind? If so, you may need to
re-register the dll being referenced in the message.

Elmo

Jan 12, 2008, 4:36:03 PM1/12/08
Evelyn wrote:
> "Error loading c:\windows\system32\pnybjlsi.dll" appears when I start up my
> computer. I really need to know how to fix this and I get messaged that I have
> to turn off or switch desktops.

Try one of these Virus Removal Tools:

Avast! One tool for any current virus

Symantec Virus Removal Tools
http://www.symantec.com/business/security_response/removaltools.jsp

F-Secure Virus Removal Tools
http://www.f-secure.com/download-purchase/tools.shtml

Kaspersky Virus Removal Tools
http://www.kaspersky.com/removaltools

Once the virus is gone:

A Google Groups search showed no mention of that file, other than your
thread. That suggests that some malware was removed, but the reference
to the file was not removed from the registry.

Click Start, Run, type REGEDIT, click OK. Press the Home key, press F3,
type the name of the file into the search pane. Click "Find Next", and
when located, delete the reference to the file. Press F3 to continue
the search.

You can click File, Export, and save the entry to the Desktop. If you
remove it and there's a problem, double-click the .reg file you exported
to the Desktop and it'll be added to the registry again. You can create
a restore point before editing the registry too.

You could click Start, Run, type MSCONFIG, click OK, click the StartUp
tab, and deselect the item(s). When you restart the computer, you will
be warned that you're running in the Diagnostic mode; click to not alert
you again, and OK out. You won't see the message again. But I think
it's best to just remove the references from the registry.

--
Joe =o)

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Jan 12, 2008, 5:45:09 PM1/12/08
You have loose hair?

You've got a rather nasty Vundo infection.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://wiki.castlecops.com/Malware_Removal_and_Prevention:_Introduction
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2
(http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.exe) is the preferred tool to use.
It will help you to both identify and remove any hijackware/spyware with
assistance from an expert. **Post your log to
http://castlecops.com/forum67.html,
http://forums.subratam.org/index.php?showforum=7,
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30, or other appropriate forums for expert
analysis, not here.**

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Andrew Murray

Jan 12, 2008, 9:50:41 PM1/12/08

I don't know the answer, but searching Google brings up nothing except
more references to this same issue/question on other forums.

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=pnybjlsi.dll+&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=2qs&filter=0

Try the suggestions mentioned in the links at the above Google results page.

www.answers.com search engine didn't fair any better:
http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery?s=pnybjlsi.dll+&gwp=13

Yahoo didn't return any results.

Evelyn

Jan 14, 2008, 1:28:16 PM1/14/08
I want to really thank you for your time in helping me in this matter it is
really apopreciated and it helped alot, i found the pnybjsi.dll file under
start-up and unselected it now how do i pin point it to find where it came
from and remove it completely from my system if not needed

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Jan 14, 2008, 3:26:14 PM1/14/08
Repost: