UNABLE TO CONNECT WIRELESSLY TO INTERNET

1 view

LOLL

Aug 30, 2008, 12:04:01 PM8/30/08
When I try to connect my XP laptop wirelessly to the internet using a belkin
router.
I get a message saying "windows was unable to find a certificate to allow
you to connect to the network".
What do I need to do here.
I can connect ok using a wired connection.

db.·.. ><))) ·>` .. .

Aug 30, 2008, 12:10:21 PM8/30/08
the router has a setup
page that can likely
access via a browser.

you should go to the
homesite for the router
and look up the faq's
for the model number.

--

db·´¯`·...¸><)))º>

Jim

Aug 30, 2008, 2:07:04 PM8/30/08

"LOLL" <LO...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
The message can only refer to the encryption method. Either the router or
the laptop or both are not setup correctly.
What is the encryption method for the router?
The encryption method for the laptop must be identical.

Wired connections do not use or need encryption.
Jim

Lem

Aug 30, 2008, 5:30:03 PM8/30/08

In Network Connections, right click on the icon corresponding to your
wireless adapter and select Properties. Click the "Wireless Networks"
tab. In the list of "Preferred networks," select yours (it should be at
the top of the list) and click "Properties." Click the "Authentication"
tab. Ensure that the box to "Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for the
network" is UNchecked. OK your way out.

--
Lem -- MS-MVP

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Aug 30, 2008, 5:43:27 PM8/30/08
And what did Belkin Support have to say about this?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net