10,000 visitor

George-NY

Apr 20, 2009, 2:34:30 PM4/20/09
Hi All,
Almost all the web sites I go to a window popups saying "You are the 10000
visitor. Click here."
Is everyone getting these annoying popups or is it something on my computer
causing this?
Any help is appreciated.
George-NY

Joe Grover

Apr 20, 2009, 3:16:38 PM4/20/09
If you're getting this pop-up on every site you go to, even sites that
wouldn't typically do so (like CNN.com or something), then you've been
infected with malware.

Try downloading Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
(http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php). Grab the free trial (the free
version is a "run it when you need it" app, whereas the paid version is
something that can monitor your PC at all times). Install that and run the
Quick Scan and remove what it finds.

Joe

"George-NY" <geo...@optonline.net> wrote in message

Unknown

Apr 20, 2009, 3:23:14 PM4/20/09
Do you have popup blocker turned on? I.E. ---tools---popup

measekite Da Monkey

Apr 20, 2009, 3:58:10 PM4/20/09
MALWARE. Run a virus scan. Make sure your antivirus is up to date and the
virus definitions are current.

Run a full scan right away.

I am only the 9,999th visitor. Damn

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Apr 20, 2009, 5:02:06 PM4/20/09
There is a very good chance that you are seeing the affects of a hijackware
infection.

NB: Run the FULL scan, not the QUICK scan!

2. WinXP ONLY!! => Run the Windows Live Safety Center's 'Protection' scan

logs in an appropriate forum, not here.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm