Help me or i will kill this game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 view

Bionic Guide

Apr 17, 2006, 1:44:33 PM4/17/06
I have a problem withFreelancer. The game use to work fine but then i
upgraded my pc to a A8N SLI Motherboard with 1 Gig memory and two Ndivia 6600
GT Grap cards and a AMD 64. Since then the game works for a while and then
cause my pc to dump is't memory and restart. It happens at a random time and
all my other games are working fine. I love this game so please is there
anyone that could help me.

Jimmy S.

Apr 17, 2006, 7:28:45 PM4/17/06
Hi Bionic Guide,

It doesn't seem like you're having a power supply issue, but rather more an
issue with your current drivers / DirectX configuration...

The following applies to most games in general, and not just to the games that
may be listed in the KB Article refered to in this post.

SYMPTOMS:

When you start or play any one of the games that is listed in the "Applies to" section, you may experience one or more of the
following symptoms:

.The game stops responding.
.The game quits unexpectedly.
.The computer restarts unexpectedly.
.The game stops and an error occurs

Additionally, you may receive the following error message after you receive the Gathering Exception Data dialog box:
<Game Name>has encountered a problem and needs to close.

RESOLUTION:

Method 1: Restart your computer by using a clean boot procedure
Method 2: Remove and Reinstall the Game
Method 3: Adjust graphics hardware acceleration
Method 4: Disable AGP Texturing in the DirectX Diagnostic tool
Method 5: Temporarily disable the sound card in Windows
Method 6: Lower sound acceleration
Method 7 : Download and install the most recent version of DirectX
Method 8: Update your video driver
Method 9: Update your sound driver
Method 10: Scan your computer for viruses
Method 11: Remove spyware
Method 12: Install the latest VIA chipset drivers
Method 13: Create a new user account in Windows XP
Method 14: Change the compatibility setting

Detailed instructions and video clips are published at:
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;303032

--
Cheers, Windows_XP_MVP_Shell/User

Bionic Guide Wrote:
=================

Bionic Guide

Apr 19, 2006, 3:29:04 PM4/19/06
I have updated my 16 x pci grap drivers to 8.4.2.1. but the game is still
doing the same thing. i tried to update direct x but when it started to
install i got the following error message - A cabinet file necessary for
installation cannot be trusted. Please verify the Cryptographic Services are
enabled and the cabinet file certificate is valid.
What does this all mean and what should i do to fix this. I really
appreciate all the help.
BIG THX
BG

"Jimmy S." wrote:

> Hi Bionic Guide,
>
> It doesn't seem like you're having a power supply issue, but rather more an
> issue with your current drivers / DirectX configuration...
>
> The following applies to most games in general, and not just to the games that
> may be listed in the KB Article refered to in this post.
>
> SYMPTOMS:
>
> When you start or play any one of the games that is listed in the "Applies to" section, you may experience one or more of the
> following symptoms:
>

> ..The game stops responding.
> ..The game quits unexpectedly.
> ..The computer restarts unexpectedly.
> ..The game stops and an error occurs

Jimmy S.

Apr 19, 2006, 7:04:18 PM4/19/06
Hi Bionic Guide,

You're most welcome for the help so far, it's what we do. :-)

Here are a few solutions for the DirectX 9 "Logo Testing" error,
as well as other errors when trying to install patches or updates:

Here's a quick solution to try before reading through the other steps:
1.. Start the Administrative Tools utility in Control Panel.
2.. Double-click Services.
3.. Right-click Cryptographic Services, and then click Properties.
4.. Click Automatic for Startup type, and then click Start.

If that doesn't work, then grab a soda and get ready for some fun. ;-)

1. Try the resolutions in this recently released MS article:

2. Save and then Open the "DX9 Logo Error" patch on Line 189
for WinXP at: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

3. Repairing Windows is our final option. Boot from your Windows
CD (you may have to press F12 while starting up, or change the
bootup order in your BIOS) and then follow the instructions at:
http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm Good luck! :-)

--
Cheers, *Windows_XP_MVP_Shell/User*

Joshua Smith [MSFT]

Apr 20, 2006, 1:16:34 PM4/20/06
Hi Bionic Guide,

You mentioned your system was creating memory dumps. If you'd like you
can send some my way and I'll look at them and see if the culprit can be
determined. If not I might have you enable some tools to help track it down.

--
Joshua Smith
Video Compatibility Test Lab

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security

This e-mail is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

"Jimmy S." <no...@m.pls> wrote in message