about system time changing !

Park Kyu Chol

Nov 6, 2006, 12:05:35 AM11/6/06
i have applied XPE with EWF.
but i have strange phenomena. that is system Time changing.

after adjusting System time and turn off system or rebooting, my system time
is changed -1 hours every booting.

i have checked backup battery. it is no problem.
please advise this for me.

Thank you very mych.

KM

Nov 6, 2006, 1:02:56 AM11/6/06
This is known daylight saving problem with EWF enabled on XPe.

You can either disable the daylight saving on your image (search this NG for DisableAutoDaylightTimeSet) or, in case you need the
DST to work, you can use Microsoft Registry Filter to [un]protect certain keys (TimeZoneInfo or the DST entries only). Registry
Filter was available as QFE for SP2, it is also included in FP2007.

More detail tech info on the issue you can find in this thread:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded/browse_frm/thread/03d126fb830f0b91/1e5eb952380327d0#1e5eb952380327d0

--
=========
Regards,

Park Kyu Chol

Nov 8, 2006, 7:08:43 AM11/8/06
Thank you for your kind help

about this, Can I apply for XPE SP1?

my image is built by XPE SP1.

please give me advise.

"KM" <konstmor@nospam_yahoo.com> wrote in message

KM

Nov 8, 2006, 3:14:03 PM11/8/06
You can disable DST on any XPe image.

If your question was about using Registry Filter...
Technically it is possible (you'd probably need to replace EWF binaries on your SP1 image by the ones from SP2).
On the legal side I'd recommend checking this out with your XPe distributor or Microsoft.

--
=========
Regards,

Debbie Baldassini

Nov 8, 2006, 6:16:43 PM11/8/06
Hello KM,

You state

you can use Microsoft Registry Filter to [un]protect certain keys
(TimeZoneInfo or the DST entries only). Registry
>> Filter was available as QFE for SP2, it is also included in FP2007.

Is there any documentation on how to unprotect certain keys with the
registry filter? All I see in FP2007 is you can check for the domain and
TCAL issue. If you can point to any url's that would be great.

Thanks,

Debbie

--
Debbie Baldassini

"KM" <konstmor@nospam_yahoo.com> wrote in message

KM

Nov 8, 2006, 7:17:48 PM11/8/06
Debbie,

You may set your own key to be monitored by the RegFilter under
[HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Regfilter\Parameters\MonitoredKeys].
If you give it a try, please let us know the results.

The old (QFE'd) Reg Filter component even had some keys predefined through its registry section (TSCAL and Domain secret key).
The new one included in FP2007, I guess, adds the reg. entries by via CMI script.

--
=========
Regards,

KM

Nov 8, 2006, 7:28:28 PM11/8/06
Sorry, forgot to mention that the easiest way for you to set up your own subkeys under the mentioned key is to deploy a runtime with
the Reg.Filter included (TSCAL and/or Domain Secret Key option is ON) and check it out with regedit to see what the subkeys are
created for the TSCAL and/or Domain Secret. Then you can technically use the same entry structure to add more reg paths to monitored
pool.
Or, for simplicity, you can build new runtime with the RegFilter included and open the pre-FBA system hive offline (use regedit on
XP Pro, Load Hive functionality) to explore the key.

You should see something like the following
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlSet001\Services\RegFilter\Parameters\MonitoredKeys\0]
"ClassKey"="HKLM"
"FileNameForSaving"="MSLic.rgf"
"RelativeKeyName"="Software\\Microsoft\\MSLicensing"

Easy to guess how to populate a subkey for your own registry path to be monitored.

Again, let us know here if it worked for you.

--
=========
Regards,

Park Kyu Chol

Nov 15, 2006, 1:19:04 AM11/15/06
i have one more question.

during we have tested our system.

when i had changed TimeZone from GMT+0 (Greenich ..) to Korea, it is working
first time. but this timezone is changed suddenly from Korea to
GMT+0(Greenich ) and also system time is changed according to Timezone.

for example, before changing system Time zone(Korea), if it was 9:00. after
changing system time zone, System time zone is GMT + (Greenich) and also it
was 0:00.
my XPE Image is XPE SP1 with EWF.

after i deployed XPE Image with setting first time, it is working well. but
with sometime (a month or several month, i don't know exactly when it was
changed.

you mentioned Registry filter. frankly speaking, i can not understand how i
apply my case.

also i want to fix deployed image on site without changing new OS Image.

this is my question and serious problem for me. please advise this.

thank you a lot!

From KC Park.

"KM" <konstmor@nospam_yahoo.com> wrote in message

KM

Nov 16, 2006, 3:52:40 PM11/16/06
KC Park,

I think I answered most of your question earlier (please read the entire thread).
Basically you either want to disable DST on your device or unprotect the TimeZoneInfo registry entries with Registry Filter
component.

Theoretically you can add Registry Filter to already deployed image. You'd need to copy the driver files to proper folder at
runtime, copy missing registry entries and run configuration command (please check it out on the Registry Filter FBA resource
section in TD). However, I never did such and can't tell you it is going to work for sure.

Disabling DST is easy (see the reg.value mentioned early in this thread). Don't forget to commit the change at run time.

--
=========
Regards,