Re: AutoLogon Question

1 view

Richard

Jul 19, 2004, 7:24:48 PM7/19/04
Same Problem, Even though it's there for security, there should be a way
to bypass it. I liked the way Remote Desktop and 98 worked since the screen
never blanked out on the remote.

"Brad" <Br...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am using autologon inxp embedded and it works great the first time.
After I use remote Desktop Connection to access the machine and do some
service, and logout form the remote session. I am left with a logon on the
machine.

> The machine is used as a kiosk and on ocassion there is a need to go mess
with something. We do this over the network using the remote desktop
connection. Once we are done we need it to turn back into the kiosk it was
not have a logon on the screen. The kiosk has not keyboard....

> Thanks
> Brad

KM

Jul 19, 2004, 7:33:37 PM7/19/04
Richard,

I don't know any good solution here unless you do a custom MSGina and send it a signal to re-logon again when a remote terminal
session is over.

Another possible solution (this has been discussed in the NG) was to issue a reboot command on the RDP session termination (or just
remotely restart the device). Then on the next boot Autologon will happen.

--
Regards,
KM, BSquare Corp.

Richard

Jul 19, 2004, 7:43:51 PM7/19/04
Maybe they'll add that to the Wish List. Don't know anything about Gina so
I'll have to start from scratch and see what I can find.

"KM" <konstmor@nospam_yahoo.com> wrote in message

KM

Jul 19, 2004, 7:50:33 PM7/19/04
Richard,

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/administration/security/msgina.asp (+ many useful links on MSDN).
Also, there is a custom MSGina sample code on www.xpefiles.com.

Andy Allred [MS]

Jul 19, 2004, 8:46:41 PM7/19/04
Richard,
Fill out this form below with your request or suggestion and send it to
the alias 'wecrt' at microsoft.com. In your case, the feedback may
result in a whitepaper or see if there is something we can do for LHe
wrt to remoting and having the local account autologon again.
--
Andy
rights.

Bug Report / Suggestions for the Windows Embedded team.

E-mail this bug report or product suggestion below to wecrt AT
microsoft.com. All suggestions or bugs will be added to the product
team’s bug database. If you require assistance in troubleshooting a
problem with your device or runtime, either post your question to the
Microsoft public newsgroup (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded) or
contact Microsoft Product Support Services
(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=cntactms&style=home).

Your Name:
(Optional)

Your e-mail address:
(Optional unless you want us to contact you):

XPe Version:
(Gold, SP1, SP2)

MUI Language Pack:
(N/A, English, Japanese, etc...)

Brief Bug Description or Product Suggestion:
(This is the Title of your Bug or Suggestion)

Detailed Bug Description or Product Suggestion:
(Be as detailed as possible, list hardware or software required to
repro the bug, etc...)

Steps to Reproduce the Bug:
(If applicable, please list the exact steps to repro the issue and be
as detailed as possible)

Additional Information:
(Paste sections of the FBA Log, the TD Build log, list of componen

Richard

Jul 19, 2004, 11:31:56 PM7/19/04
Thanks,
Fill out and sent.

"Andy Allred [MS]" <and...@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Joe

Jul 20, 2004, 7:51:02 AM7/20/04
Andy,

Please add my vote to the request for the addition of this option.

Regards,
Joe

Brad

Jul 20, 2004, 7:57:03 AM7/20/04
Thanks, that might work. I could not find anythng that would tell me when when a remote desktop session completes? Any pointers for that?

Thanks
Brad

Sean Gahan

Jul 20, 2004, 11:28:45 AM7/20/04
Brad,
When you are finished with your terminal session, just reboot the machine
and it will AutoLogon, or you can use VNC. If this is at a KIOSK, then I
would not recommend VNC; since VNC does not log out the current session you
will be working with the current desktop and if there is an end user that is
using the machine at the same time you are trying to use VNC, then you may
be fighting for control of the machine. Not only that, the end user will
see what you are doing and if you are using a back door to gain access to
service the machine, the end user will see that too.

Regards,

Sean Gahan

KM

Jul 20, 2004, 12:01:00 PM7/20/04
Brad,

If it is scheduled disconnect from the terminal server, you can definitely
reboot client devices.

If you want to trace accidential disconnects (like server timeout or etc.)
than you have to work with the RDP client APIs.

I haven't really played with the mstsc.exe on low level API. There must be
something useful to you.

However, the Terminal Services Clint ActiveX control exposes a couple of
useful things for you too (at least it is a start point): "Connected"
property, "OnDisconnected" event (this event is called when the client
control has been disconnected from the terminal server) and you use
get_ExtendedDisconnectReason methoed to retrieve extended information about
why the RDP control disconnected.

KM

KM

Jul 20, 2004, 1:31:20 PM7/20/04
Brad,

Check out Terminal Services API functions.
Particularly, WTSxxx stuff.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/termserv/termserv/wtswaitsystemevent.asp

KM

Brad

Jul 21, 2004, 7:03:03 PM7/21/04
Sorry for my ignorance what's VNC stand for?

KM

Jul 21, 2004, 7:20:00 PM7/21/04
Brad,

VNC - Virtual Network Computing.