add exe to XPE

1 view

Mª Isabel

Feb 2, 2004, 12:49:39 PM2/2/04
Hi!
I want to add a Visual Basic program in an embedded image. This programs
nedds some folders with gifts, database, videos...
How can I make the component to add it to the embedded database
Thank you in advance!

Gordon Smith (eMVP)

Feb 2, 2004, 1:07:23 PM2/2/04

You'd probably be well served by reading the various articles on
www.microsoft.com/embedded about how to add third party drivers.

In short, you are going to create a repository to hold your files (flat
directory structure) and create a component that knows how to copy from your
repository into target directories of your build. Once you have your
component (SLD) defined, import it into the component database and then just
use it in your configuration (.SLX file).

That's the 10000 foot view. If you have more specific questions, feel free
to ask.

--
Gordon Smith (eMVP)
Gordon...@nospam.avnet.com

Mª Isabel

Feb 2, 2004, 1:18:05 PM2/2/04
Thank you very much!
I've been reading about it and I know all the steps to add the component to
the data base. My problem is to make the component.
Should I add the .exe and in "files" the files that this exe nedds?
I've make a component with an inf file... but is not so easy for me with an
exe.
I would read the web... Thank u!

"Gordon Smith (eMVP)" <Gordon...@avnet.com> escribió en el mensaje

Robert

Feb 3, 2004, 10:22:52 AM2/3/04
There is another way to do this as well. If you are using
the SystemCloningTool component you can set the
cmiResealPhase setting in the advanced properties of the
component to 0. You will also want to make sure
cmiRemoveUserSettings, and depending on the situation
cmiRemoveNetSettings and cmiRemoveAutoLogon are set to
FALSE. This will allow you to add the EXE and any files
associated to it after FBA. Once you are done then you
can manually run the Reseal Phase. Once it shuts down you
are ready to grab the image off the drive for deployment.

Robert