DHCP Client

Mike Warren

Jun 20, 2007, 5:41:28 PM6/20/07
It appears that printing components are required before DHCP and
connection to the Internet through a router can occur.

By disabling the following components I lose DHCP and Internet
connectivity:

Print Spooler
Printer Common #1
Printer Port Logical Interface
Printing (Server/Shared)

Am I doing something wrong or do I really need to support printers in
order to have DHCP and Internet connectivity?

--
-Mike

Mike Warren

Jun 25, 2007, 7:55:58 AM6/25/07
Mike Warren wrote:

I've isolated it to only Print Spooler. I can delete spoolsv.exe after
FBA and DHCP still works but if I disable the file from within the
Print Spooler component before FBA it fails.

Does anyone have any insight into what's going on?

--
-Mike