Windows Explorer - change view properties of a folder

Robert M. Lincoln

Jan 8, 2007, 1:22:40 PM1/8/07
Can you change the view properties (detail, thumbnails, etc.) for a folder
AND all files in subdirectories of the folder? How?

I don't want to change the properties for ALL folders, just the subdirectory
folders under a certain folder.

Thanks

Ayush

Jan 8, 2007, 1:25:46 PM1/8/07
Replied to [Robert M. Lincoln]s message :

No and i dont know about any other utility that can do this.

--
→ Ayush
-------------

Keith Miller MVP

Jan 8, 2007, 3:15:42 PM1/8/07
I've written a script that will apply all the view customizations you can set to all of a folder's
subfolders. Right-click the link below & save to your computer. The zip file contains a readme
file & the script itself.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res18hr7/FVM3.zip

You can select a folder & configure its view settings, then those are set to be inherited by all
subfolders (you have the option of saving or wiping out current saved views) . You can set a
default for My Pics, another for My Music, and then a more generic default for My Computer. The
inheritance settings are separate from the folder view itself -- for example, you can set a
non-grouped view to be the default inheritance for My Computer, then return My Computer to its
standard 'group by type' layout after running the script without affecting the default view you have
set.

--
Good Luck,

Keith