win xp pro display inverted

steve k

Nov 29, 2003, 7:21:54 PM11/29/03
Somehow, using a [Ctrl] + [Shift] + [Alt] + CPU Port ID
(2?) + [Enter] hotkey sequence in Win XP Pro SP1, Windows
inverted my computer's display, literally flipping the
image 180 degrees so that everything displayed is upside
down.* I do not know how to undo this setting. Please help
ASAP!

*My objective was to change video ports via hotkey
operation for my IOGEAR MiniViewT III USB KVMP Switch Kit
(GCS1714). I verified the display was inverted by Windows
by unplugging power to the KVM switch, disconnecting the
switch's video and USB cables from the computer, and
running the monitor cable straight from the monitor to the
computer. The screen remained inverted.

David Hollway [MVP]

Nov 29, 2003, 8:31:26 PM11/29/03
"steve k" <anon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Somehow, using a [Ctrl] + [Shift] + [Alt] + CPU Port ID
> (2?) + [Enter] hotkey sequence in Win XP Pro SP1, Windows
> inverted my computer's display, literally flipping the
> image 180 degrees so that everything displayed is upside
> down.* I do not know how to undo this setting. Please help
> ASAP!

Sounds like you've inadvertently activated your video card's rotation
setting. Most newer video drivers (ATI, Nvidia, Intel, etc) support rotation
of the screen in 90degree incremements, and some assign hotkeys to the
different rotation states.
If you can (if all else fails, stand on your head) go to the Display options
(Right-Click on desktop -> Properties -> Settings -> Advanced) and look in
there for the rotation options.

Hope this helps.

steve k

Nov 30, 2003, 11:49:48 AM11/30/03
Thank you David for your excellent response. With your
help, I sent Intel tech support the following message:

11-30-03 - Intel Online Support - Display Rotation Hotkey
Sequence

Operating system: Windows XP Pro SP1. Systemboard: Intel
D865GBF + 82865G Graphics Controller (Driver Version:
6.13.01.3485).

Apparently, there is a hotkey sequence that can be used to
rotate the display image in 90 degree increments, but no
way to perform this function in the Advanced Settings
dialog box of Windows Display Properties.

I inadvertently rotated the display image twice using what
I thought was the following hotkey sequence:
[Ctrl]+[Shift]+[Alt]+[CPU Port ID: 2?]+[Enter]. This
sequence is used to select the second CPU connected to an
IOGEAR MiniViewT III USB KVMP Switch (Model: GCS1714).
However, I cannot replicate the sequence that rotated the
image.

Please advise, for I cannot find an online manual for the
Intel Graphics Controller, nor do I know whether or not
this "rotate image via hotkey sequence" function is
addressed if there is such a manual. Thank you for your
kind help.

>.

David Candy

Nov 30, 2003, 12:21:38 PM11/30/03
I'm downloading a manual now. I'm a different david. I came across how to disable the hot keys (Right Click the Desktop - Graphics something (that's technical talk isn't it), there may be other option, help file. Also Intel supplies manuals on the Driver CD.

It doesn't have the hotkeys listed but does say where the are in your computer. Start - Control Panel - Display - Settings - Advanced - Intel Graphics Technology tab - Graphics Properties button - Hotkeys tab.

Intel loves Ctrl + Alt + Function Keys. So as a guess I'd try some of them (your BIOS uses it too even though it also supports normal keys). If still no luck turn on the Tray icon and look at it's menu.
http://www.g2mil.com/Dec2003.htm

David Candy

Nov 30, 2003, 12:22:35 PM11/30/03
http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intel845g/setupguide.htm?iid=ipp_dlc_chip_graphics+prod_guide&

http://www.g2mil.com/Dec2003.htm

David Hollway [MVP]

Dec 1, 2003, 1:56:15 PM12/1/03
Steve,

I *think* the hotkeys are CTRL+ALT+(cursor keys up down left right) to
activate screen rotation, but I don't have an 865G system here to check. Try
pressing CTRL+ALT+UP or CTRL+ALT+DOWN and see if it does anything.

Hope this helps..

"David Candy" <da...@mvps.org> wrote in message