"Show Desktop"..disappeared!!!

Sherif

May 26, 2003, 5:48:52 PM5/26/03
- When I right-click on my desktop, I get a context menu.
- When I select "Arrange Icons By >" I get another sub-
menu.
- On this sub-menu, there was a selection named "Show
Desktop Icons". Unfortunately, I cannot find this
selection anymore on this sub menu. My last selection is
currently "Align to Grid".

HOW TO GET IT BACK ????

Nicholas

May 26, 2003, 5:58:41 PM5/26/03
Restore Missing Show Desktop Icon to Quick Launch
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_showdesktop.htm

(Courtesy of Doug Knox, MS-MVP)

--
Nicholas

"Sherif" <she...@cyberia.net.sa> multi-posted message:

Doug Knox MS-MVP

May 26, 2003, 6:52:52 PM5/26/03
Click Start, Run and enter REGEDIT Go to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explore

Look in the right pane for a value called NoActiveDesktop. If it exists,
double click this value and set it to 0 (zero). This is in the format of 00
00 00 00 if its REG_BINARY or just 0 if its a REG_DWORD. Close Regedit and
log off/log on. You can also use Task Manager to End Process on
Explorer.exe and then restart it, to refresh the shell.

--
Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows XP/ Windows Smart Display
Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes