System Restore is not able to protect your computer...help!

1 view

Blue Sky

Mar 16, 2006, 8:49:14 AM3/16/06
It says to restart your computer, and then run System Restore. I did and it didn't work. The same error message comes up each time.

Anyone have a suggestion.

Blue Sky

Bert Kinney

Mar 16, 2006, 10:49:44 PM3/16/06

There are several reasons this may occur. Let's take a look at Event
Viewer for any System Restore logs that may have been created recently
that may help us diagnosing the problem.

Go to Start - Run and type eventvwr.msc and press enter.
Click on System in the left pane.
Click the gray title “Source” at the top of the source name column in
the right pane to sort by source name, look for "sr" and "srservice".
Double click on each of these events, then click on the button below the
two arrows in the upper right corner. This will copy the event
information to the clipboard. Paste the information for each of the two
event here. There’s no need to post duplicate Event ID’s.

How do I use the Event Viewer to search for System Restore logs?
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/tips.html#EventViewer

Here are some more links for troubleshooting System Restore.

System Restore Failures to restore:
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/srfail.html

--
Regards,