Scheduled task

dk

Dec 25, 2003, 12:15:12 PM12/25/03
We have designed a schedueld task to run, but it comes up
with a error cold not stard even though when we copy the
task to the run command line it works fine what can be
the problem?

Sharon F

Dec 25, 2003, 4:39:07 PM12/25/03

Scheduled under an administrative account that *has a password*?

--
Sharon F
MS MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

anon...@discussions.microsoft.com

Dec 27, 2003, 11:50:52 PM12/27/03
Scheduled under an administrative account but we are the
only user with no password assigned
>.

Sharon F

Dec 28, 2003, 11:05:02 AM12/28/03
On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 20:50:52 -0800, <anon...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

> Scheduled under an administrative account but we are the
> only user with no password assigned

A password is one of the requirements to create a scheduled task:
Scheduled Tasks Cannot Run with a Blank Password
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310715

If you want to avoid typing in the password at startup, use TweakUI for XP
or Start> Run> control userpasswords2" to setup autologon.

TweakUI is one of the Power toys for XP. This URL links to the version that
is *only* for XP with SP1:

If you do not have SP1, the earlier version can be found at:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe

OR try this:
MVP Kelly Theriot has created an unsupported (yet functions as expected)
workaround for this. See this page and scroll down to "Scheduled Tasks-
Applying/Running tasks without a password." There is a section for XP Pro
and one for XP Home
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm