Grupuri Google nu mai acceptă postările sau abonamentele noi Usenet. Conținutul anterior este în continuare vizibil.

MSCONFIG Missing?

3 afișări
Accesați primul mesaj necitit

Chuck Davis

necitită,
13 feb. 2007, 21:55:3713.02.2007
On a computer club member's computer:

Start> Run type msconfig and the response is that Windows cannot find
msconfig file...

How can I help him?

Smoker

necitită,
13 feb. 2007, 22:16:1413.02.2007

"Chuck Davis" <newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com> wrote in message
It is explained how to restore it here: http://tinyurl.com/yvupc5

RajKohli

necitită,
14 feb. 2007, 00:58:4914.02.2007
Just for your information.

Microsoft Windows 2000 itself does not include MSConfig at all.

Let us know which version of Windows he is using.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

necitită,
14 feb. 2007, 01:54:5014.02.2007
Chuck,

Does mentioning the full path help?

%windir%\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\msconfig.exe

--
Regards,

"Chuck Davis" <newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com> wrote in message news:ePFIXO%23THH...@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

Wesley Vogel

necitită,
14 feb. 2007, 14:45:5314.02.2007
The page cannot be displayed
Use the original url *NOT* a phony tinyurl. Or at least also include the
original url in your replies. Many people will not even click on a tinyurl.
;-)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:JMudnZrqkc-d4k_Y...@comcast.com,
Smoker <n...@yes.org> hunted and pecked:

Wesley Vogel

necitită,
14 feb. 2007, 14:47:3314.02.2007
I forgot this.

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6142_102-0.html?forumID=5&threadID=227185&messageID=2367994

Duh.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:JMudnZrqkc-d4k_Y...@comcast.com,
Smoker <n...@yes.org> hunted and pecked:

Smoker

necitită,
14 feb. 2007, 15:27:0214.02.2007

"Wesley Vogel" <123WVo...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> The page cannot be displayed
> Use the original url *NOT* a phony tinyurl. Or at least also include the
> original url in your replies. Many people will not even click on a
> tinyurl.
> ;-)
>
> --
Sorry about that. The Tiny URL just now worked fine for me. I used it
because when a URL is long and wraps many people don't know to copy the
entire thing to paste into their browser in case the length gets broken.
Here it is:

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6142_102-0.html?forumID=5&threadID=227185&messageID=2367994

---

Ken Blake, MVP

necitită,
14 feb. 2007, 17:49:1514.02.2007
Smoker wrote:

> "Wesley Vogel" <123WVo...@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> The page cannot be displayed
>> Use the original url *NOT* a phony tinyurl. Or at least also
>> include the original url in your replies. Many people will not even
>> click on a tinyurl.
>> ;-)
>>
>> --
> Sorry about that. The Tiny URL just now worked fine for me. I used it
> because when a URL is long and wraps many people don't know to copy
> the entire thing to paste into their browser in case the length gets
> broken.

Yes, we understand why tinyurls are used, and the problem is *not* is that
tinyurls don't work; the problem is that tinyurls can point to malicious web
sites, rather than those they purport to point to. Clicking on a tinyurl
that hasn't been sent to you by someone you know and trust is a dangerous
thing to do. I won't click on a tinyurl posted on a newsgroup by a stranger,
and I recommend that nobody else does either.

I often post tinyurls myself, but I always accompany them with the full url,
so anyone reading my message has the choice of which to click on.

Please reply to the newsgroup

Chuck Davis

necitită,
14 feb. 2007, 22:18:2914.02.2007
I returned to the club members home this afternoon. I drilled down through
the folders and the msconfig file was there. I thought that it may have been
corrupted. I went to his other computer and copied it to my thumb drive. I
copied it to the location (old file was dated 2002, and the one being
installed was dated 2006). Full of anticipation, I went through Start> Run>
type msconfig and the message returned is still: "Window cannot find..."

I was able to double-click on the exe and remove several entries from the
Start Up menu. It was this desire that started this whole thing.

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ram...@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message

Bruce Chambers

necitită,
14 feb. 2007, 22:24:5614.02.2007
Chuck Davis wrote:
> I returned to the club members home this afternoon. I drilled down through
> the folders and the msconfig file was there. I thought that it may have been
> corrupted. I went to his other computer and copied it to my thumb drive. I
> copied it to the location (old file was dated 2002, and the one being
> installed was dated 2006). Full of anticipation, I went through Start> Run>
> type msconfig and the message returned is still: "Window cannot find..."
>
> I was able to double-click on the exe and remove several entries from the
> Start Up menu. It was this desire that started this whole thing.

Something has happened to your workstation's Path variable, so
WinXP doesn't know where to find the executable. There are two fixes:

1) Correct the Path Statement. It should look something like this:

%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program
Files

To edit the Path, right-click My Computer > Properties > Advanced >
Environmental Variables. In the System Variables windows, highlight
"Path" and click the <Edit> button.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Ramesh, MS-MVP

necitită,
14 feb. 2007, 22:45:3214.02.2007
Chuck,

Open a Command Prompt window and type the following command:

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\MSCONFIG.EXE" /ve /d "C:\Windows\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe" /t REG_SZ /f

Note that it's a single line command.

--
Regards,

"Chuck Davis" <newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com> wrote in message news:eYwl3$KUHHA...@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...