Window Freeze

H.@discussions.microsoft.com John H.

Sep 12, 2005, 6:49:01 PM9/12/05
Whenever I right click on the desktop or try to drag an item to or from the
desktop, my computer freezes up. I have all necessary updates and have virus
scanned the computer multiple times and still have problems. Anyone have a
suggestion as to how to fix this?

Malke

Sep 12, 2005, 7:18:03 PM9/12/05
John H. wrote:

Right-click problems are usually caused by third-party software that has
put entries into the context menu. The free ShellExView utility is
great for troubleshooting this. Disable all non-Microsoft entries for
the context menu. Get ShellExView here:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html

And here are some other links about the problem to help you:

Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers -

Right click causes an error and crashes Explorer.exe after installing
Windows XP SP2 - http://www.winxptutor.com/sp2/divxcrash.htm

Manage the context-menu entries for folders, drives and Namespace
objects - http://windowsxp.mvps.org/context_folders.htm

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

John H.

Sep 12, 2005, 8:03:05 PM9/12/05
Thank you. It was the shell from my virus program that was causing the problem.

Malke

Sep 12, 2005, 10:27:32 PM9/12/05
John H. wrote:

> Thank you. It was the shell from my virus program that was causing the
> problem.

Super! Thanks for taking the time to let me know.

Malke

Apr 4, 2007, 8:57:07 AM4/4/07
dereksyl wrote:
> i have an acer 3680 laptop. recently it freezes for no apparent reason. the
> only way to restart is to unplug computer and remove battery. ctrl-alt-del
> does nothing.what could be causing this.

You tacked your post onto an old, closed thread. Next time make a new post.

Your issues don't have anything to do with the original thread. It
sounds like your laptop is having hardware failure. Contact Acer tech
support.

Diana

Jun 30, 2007, 11:46:01 PM6/30/07