Sending email from web page

Lou

Feb 2, 2008, 10:05:59 PM2/2/08
On a web page under "Contact us" there is an email address in blue.
When I click on this email address I receive the following message:
"Could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not
properly installed."
Is this a problem with my computer or the web page?
If it is my computer, how do I correct it?
--
-----
Lou

peter

Feb 2, 2008, 10:09:26 PM2/2/08
and what Email Program are you using??
peter

"Lou" <lou...@copper.net> wrote in message

Shenan Stanley

Feb 2, 2008, 10:17:23 PM2/2/08
Lou wrote:
> On a web page under "Contact us" there is an email address in blue.
> When I click on this email address I receive the following message:
> "Could not perform this operation because the default mail client
> is not properly installed."
> Is this a problem with my computer or the web page?
> If it is my computer, how do I correct it?

Setup your email client...
Outlook Express, Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.

If you ONLY utilize webmail - get to your email through a web page only -
then you need to either resign yourself to copy/paste of said addrerss or
setup some local email client (like those listed above) in the way your
particular webmail service directs you to - if they support pop3/imap/etc...

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Stewart

Feb 3, 2008, 7:31:17 AM2/3/08
I prefer to copy the email adress and paste it into Hotmail. I can then
send my own choice of email and control it better.

Lou

Feb 3, 2008, 10:40:04 AM2/3/08
I am using web mail and Outlook Express.

"peter" <pet...@nowhere.net> wrote in message

Shenan Stanley

Feb 3, 2008, 11:11:05 AM2/3/08
<entire conversation included in chronological order>
<not by thread>
<Entire conversation by thread found at the web link below>
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics/browse_frm/thread/50444e238fc3eab2/0fd0876932f172c9#0fd0876932f172c9

Lou wrote:
> I am using web mail and Outlook Express.

Then my response should have pretty much answered this for you. ;-)