Re: YUKU

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Apr 16, 2009, 6:10:02 PM4/16/09
Error message after you install a Windows Internet Explorer 7 update from
Windows Update or from Microsoft Update: "Webpage cannot be displayed":
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942818

If tweaking your third-party firewall's settings don't help, try the
following:

1. Disable your anti-virus application, any real-time protection provided by
an anti-spyware application (except for Windows Defender; includes Spybot
Tea Timer, SpySweeper Guards, AVG AS guard.exe, etc.), disable any
third-party firewall (e.g., FSecure) AND THEN enable the Windows Firewall.

browsing; reading email; chatting) except #4 below until your anti-virus
application has been re-enabled!

2. Uninstall "Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB963027)"
via Add/Remove Programs (make sure Show Updates box is checked at top right)
and reboot.

3. IMPORTANT! => Re-do #1 above.

4. Go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and install any Critical Updates
offered (i.e., KB963027). If a Root Certificates update is listed in the
Optional Updates category, install it to take full advantage of IE7's
enhanced security.

5. Reboot > Make sure everything in #1 above is enabled again and, if
applicable, disable the Windows Firewall and enable (or reinstall) your
third-party firewall.

=====================================

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB963027).

LOOK! => If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE,
call the above number and ask to be transferred to the Consumer IE7 queue
(which is 47830).

your usual support contacts.

Support for Windows Update:
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

CRANNIE wrote:
> Until yesterday after the April 15 Windows XP & Internet Explorer high
> prority updates I could visit my 2 Yuku sites. After install I got an
> FSecure that something was trying to change my IE7 and recommended deny- I
> denied. Now I cannot get to Yuku from any of my computers although the
> same
> warning DIDNOT happen on 2 of other computers (all were updated
> yesterday).
> I had a relative that has the same updates go to Yuku this morning FSecure
> came up with the same warning, she X'ed out of Fsecure and it took her off
> the internet completely. She then tried to get to her normal home page.
> On the first try it said this webpage cannot be displayed. She did get to
> her home page on the second try. I have 3 computers using Shaw's FSecure
> 2
> of them can run complete scans results 0 problems. On the computer that I
> got the warning from yesterday after installing the XP highpriority
> downloads my Fsecure stops at 4352 C:/+system+rootkits. I also run MBAM
> all 3 computers say 0 problems.
>
> I do not know what to do. I use XP and IE7.
>
> Also note that I could not get to microsoft updates or windows updates via
> Programs etc, only via Microsoft.com, until I deleted all temporary
> internet
> files, cookies, history everything.
>
> Also note that until I did the deletion of temp files etc, when I logged
> out/restart I got a windows message box saying "End Program-Auto Suggest
> Drop-Down Not Responding".
>
> I own legal original certified XP home.
>
> Thanking you in advance for your help.

CRANNIE

Apr 16, 2009, 7:11:01 PM4/16/09
I did everything you said. I went to Custom Updates and other than KB963027
there were only Search4.0, OfficeLive add & Windows Live Essentials. I don't
use any on those programs. I always do Custom updates atleast monthly. I
recall installing a root certificate install about 3-4 weeks ago. I lowered
My Fsecure settings-no help. Everything worked fine until yesterdays updates.

Do you have anymore suggestions?

Thanking you in advance for your help.

--
Thankyou