Google grupās vairs netiek atbalstītas jaunas Usenet ziņas un abonementi. Vēsturiskais saturs joprojām ir skatāms.

ntldr missing after 2 most recent Windows Security Updates

0 skatījumi
Pāriet uz pirmo nelasīto ziņojumu

Gene

nelasīta,
2007. gada 28. aug. 20:06:0228.08.07
uz
Running XP Pro, the last couple weeks each time during computer restart
immediately after Windows recent Auto Update the computer fails to restart &
eventually getting the "missing ntldr" message. I have found that entering
the BIOS and resetting the BIOS to "Optimal Settings" the computer restarts
fine. Although I'm not certain the updates actually took. What is the updates
doing to cause this?

TaurArian [MS-MVP]

nelasīta,
2007. gada 29. aug. 06:21:0129.08.07
uz
NTLDR Missing

====================================
TaurArian [MS-MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
====================================
How to make a good post: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
Defending your machine: http://defendingyourmachine2.blogspot.com/
http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm

"Gene" <Ge...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

mikelebel

nelasīta,
2008. gada 11. jūn. 11:58:5911.06.08
uz
I just found to have the same issue as of today. Does anyone else have this problem, or know why this is happening? I'm almost thinking virus, but duno.

Tom [Pepper] Willett

nelasīta,
2008. gada 11. jūn. 12:03:2211.06.08
uz
What same problem?

<Mike Lebel> wrote in message news:20086111158...@aol.com...
:I just found to have the same issue as of today. Does anyone else have

Hard Bloggin Mama

nelasīta,
2008. gada 11. jūn. 14:27:0011.06.08
uz
Same.

WAS running HP 9500 laptop. Now it won't boot.

Shenan Stanley

nelasīta,
2008. gada 12. jūn. 12:39:1812.06.08
uz

Neither do we - as you started a brand new posting with no direct reference
to anything else with, "I just found to have the same issue ..."

Same as? This is a public newsgroup distributed to 100's of servers around
the world with many posts every hour - without more details - you have
essentially walked into a room with 300 different conversations going on and
screamed, "Me too"... ;-)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Shenan Stanley

nelasīta,
2008. gada 12. jūn. 12:40:0712.06.08
uz

Hard Bloggin Mama wrote:
> Same.
>
> WAS running HP 9500 laptop. Now it won't boot.

Same as? This is a public newsgroup distributed to 100's of servers around

Robert Aldwinckle

nelasīta,
2008. gada 12. jūn. 23:25:3912.06.08
uz
<Mike Lebel> wrote in message

> [...]
430 no such article found

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&mid=c00c97dc-dab7-427e-9030-9d2392791bc5&sloc=en-us

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/msg/2ce73ae28179d016?dmode=source
<quote>
Subject: ntldr missing after 2 most recent Windows Security Updates
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 17:06:02 -0700
</quote>

>I just found to have the same issue as of today. Does anyone else have this problem, or know why this is happening? I'm almost
>thinking virus, but duno.

<title>Windows XP does not start on a computer that is configured for dual booting</title>
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315233

(Live Search for
XP "ntldr missing" site:support.microsoft.com
)

Note: looser search criteria may produce more usable results.

BTW do you notice how much trouble you caused me by renaming
the Subject to something completely uninformative and by not including
the original poster's problem description? Multiply this by as many times
as you can imagine that someone else might have bothered to try to check
with such barely usable information. In fact, my principal reason for posting
now is to try to save anyone else from having to go through all that searching.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

0 jauni ziņojumi