windows update-error 80080005

batool

Jun 22, 2008, 10:49:00 AM6/22/08
i use windows vista home premium 32 bit
i tried to chech for windows update , but i see windows update error 80080005

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Jun 22, 2008, 1:34:55 PM6/22/08
Are you currently running Vista or Vista SP1?

(if any)?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

Repair Sydney DatumIT.com.au@discussions.microsoft.com Computer Repair Sydney DatumIT.com.au

Jun 16, 2009, 4:23:01 AM6/16/09

> DatumIT.com.au wrote:
this is not a 3rd party issue with firewall or av etc, nor is it related to
SP's it is to do with the update service not starting. I am diagnosing issue
now and will update u shortly.

Shenan Stanley

Jun 16, 2009, 5:37:35 AM6/16/09

Computer Repair Sydney DatumIT.com.au wrote:
> this is not a 3rd party issue with firewall or av etc, nor is it
> related to SP's it is to do with the update service not starting. I
> am diagnosing issue now and will update u shortly.

You do realize that there is not likely a *single* solution for this issue.
Over the years, there have been several solutions and several causes.

For example - you are responding (for some unknown reason) to one of only
few of these reported issues - and one that the conversation died on fairly
quickly.

Specifically:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/browse_frm/thread/8600421a1474fb68/d925de030a028af

A quick search reveals it is not alone:
http://groups.google.com/groups/search?safe=off&q=windows+update+error+80080005

Although it may be one of the newer (only *approaching* one year old, not
quite there at the time of this posting by 6 or so days.)

My suggestion...

SuperAntiSpyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/

MalwareBytes
http://www.malwarebytes.com/

if you wish.

Then follow the instructions here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

Then reboot and try your updates again.

Come back and tell everyone what you found so that others might benefit when
searching the Internet.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Jun 16, 2009, 4:28:27 PM6/16/09

Computer Repair Sydney DatumIT.com.au wrote:

WTH are you and why are you replying to my post (let alone a post & thread
from 22 June *2008*)?