Re: CAN NOT INSTALL OFFICE XP SERVICE PACK 3, IT HAS BEEN DOWNLOADED

TaurArian [MS-MVP]

Jan 2, 2006, 3:32:03 PM1/2/06
The update is asking for your Office XP CD not the Windows XP CD.
Locate your Office XP CD, the one used to install Office XP on your system.

--
===========================
TaurArian [MS-MVP] 2005-2006

DONNA RAMSEY wrote:
> WINDOWS UPDATE TELLS ME THAT OFFICE XP SERVICE PACK 3 IS DOWNLOADED
> BUT I CAN NOT INSTALL IT BECAUSE IT IS ASKING FOR A DISK, SO I PUT IN
> MY WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL DISK (2002) AND SYSTEM WILL NOT INSTALL
> WITH THIS DISK. I DO NOT HAVE ANOTHER DISK TO INSTALL--CAN ANYONE
> HELP, I WOULD APPRECIATE IT. THANKS

Carol Hollett

Jan 3, 2006, 9:26:03 AM1/3/06
Dear Donna

I am having exactly the same problem. I have also put in my XP disk (the
only one I have too, which is Microsoft Windows XP Professional) and it will
not work. I have received the same reply from TaurArian.

If you manage to sort this out, would you mind letting me know how you do
it? If I manage to crack it in the meantime, I will let you know.

Regards.
Carol

Tom [Pepper] Willett

Jan 3, 2006, 9:32:21 AM1/3/06
You cannot use the MS Windows XP Professional. That is your operating
system. It is asking for an Office disk, which is what TaurArian is trying
to tell you.

Tom
"Carol Hollett" <CarolH...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Carol Hollett

Jan 3, 2006, 9:46:03 AM1/3/06
Thanks, Tom

I have just tried this (have to confess it didn't occur to me to put in
Microsoft Office 2003 to install an XP service pack), but it still will not
work.

I am still getting the same error message.

Carol

Tom [Pepper] Willett

Jan 3, 2006, 9:54:33 AM1/3/06
You may wish to try asking the experts in the Office Update newsgroup, who
handle this issue quite frequently.